"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and pilesof laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will---to your surprise---miss them profoundly." President Monson
Isn't that great!? I need to relax more and stress less! Easier said than done, but before I know it they'll be gone and my house will be neat and tidy! I went through some of my pictures a few days ago...how fun that was! I could look at a picture and be taken right back at that moment! My pictures are priceless. I found one of Halle and her second cousin Kylee when we went to Island Park for a family reunion...
I think they're about 1½, {Jaclyn let me know if I'm wrong} They are just too cute! And now these too cuties are getting ready to go to kindergarten this fall! These next few pictures are ones I've wanted to "journal" about for a while now. Let me set it up...Justin and John went ice fishing February 13th, 1999 ~ the day before Valentine's Day! Justin was 6 years old and so excited to go. They got all packed and had their lunch and all their supplies they needed! They spent the day out on the ice all bundled up and had a great time! They got home late, we cleaned everything up, and off to bed we went. The next morning was Sunday and Justin comes running our room and yells "Happy 'balentine's Mom and Dad!" We looked at him, then at each other, and said "Oh my hell...who was that kid?" and made a mad dash to the living room!! This is the little face we saw starring back at us...
this picture isn't the best but this little guys face was BRIGHT red and swollen so bad he had little slits for eyes!! What had happened? Well they forgot the sunscreen and he was sunburned! He didn't even look like our Justin! I took him over to my parents and my dad started crying! We ended up taking him to Community Care and they gave him some Silvadene cream that has actual silver in it to apply to his face. Well I thought we were in for a rough road as far as healing, we were worried his face would blister and peel and maybe scar, but it didn't do anything...it healed right up! Here's a picture taken at the cabin 5 months later...
back to normal size and not so red! They next year they went with his cousins and the first thing Justin grabbed was the sunscreen and said "Dad, can't forget this!" It was something we will never forget! Also notice his hair in the above picture...I tried to give him a haircut and messed it up so bad that we ended up shaving his head...it was just growing back 5 months later! April is shaping up to be a busy month...with baseball, dance stuff, Hannah's play practices, scouts, and school stuff we'll be busy! John's last day of work is today so we're glad he's off for conference weekend. Tried another new recipe and posted it on our cooking blog! Also rented "Marley & Me", "Bedtime Stories", and "Seven Pounds" so that's what we'll be doing the next few nights!! So thankful for...1) LDS General Conference weekend ~ love hearing the talks, go here for some great conference packets for the little ones 2) my pictures 3) that the snow has melted...I was gettin' seriously bummed with this weather we are having, but thankful for the moisture!
3 comments:
Chris...such sweet pictures! Ouch the sunburn brings back memories of my kiddo's looking the same sad way. I will be trying that Cheddar Sub...it sounds delish!
I totally remember the first two pictures. POOR Justin! That was a cute blog... thanks for sharing! Love ya tons!
awww...I LOVE that pic of Ky and Hal...that was such a fun trip! I can't believe they are going to be going to kindergarten (tear!!) ahhh...time does go way too fast! man...poor justin's sunburned face!! OUCH! have fun watching your movies, we actually just watched all of those...LOVED Them all...Kylee loved Bedtime stories..she was laughing the whole time! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for the cute post! love ya!
Post a Comment