Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some of us...

woke up to this... Served here... but not 3.4 minutes later I hear..."damn it...I told you guys not to do that" followed by two little girls coming into the kitchen in tears! They had some how pulled on the blanket and spilled that full glass of juice all over John ~ right in his lap! He was covered! I think too it was a shock...a glass full of cold orange juice spilled in your crotch first thing in the morning is not a great way to start your day! He came out and apologized to the girls! I was laughing {still am}! Some of us woke up early {6:30 a.m.} and went and lifted weights. Then came home had some of the breakfast pictured above, and then did this...zonked on the couch and chair till 10:30! Still others were doing this...playing office and library ~ her favorite thing to do {this morning she set her office up on my bed that is sheet less cause they are in the washer due to the afore mentioned spill}! And some of us got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, and went back to sleep on the couch... And some of us {me} left the breakfast mess in the kitchen, the sheets in the washer, and went visiting teaching! Came home and John had cleaned up the kitchen! Hal, our little neighbor girl Lindsey, and I rode our bikes to the library yesterday and checked out a few books...I am "screamer" mom! Don't like to be, not proud of it, hate to scream at my kids...but somewhere along the line I failed at getting them to listen to me!! Probably cause I scream too much! So maybe I can pick up a few tips to help me not to yell! Though I do know we need to work on our family prayers, family home evening, and reading the scriptures together! So along with that and me reading this book maybe I can kick this yelling habit! Another I checked out was...I read this years ago, but one the greatest lady in the world taught some of her lesson out of it Sunday in Relief Society and I wanted to re-read it! So hopefully I can stop "screaming" and "lighten up"! Cross your fingers and piggies!! Well it's 9:49 p.m. ~ better get the bed made ~ there is truly nothing better than crawling into bed with cool, fresh sheets, and I have to beat John to bed so he won't get on my side and get it all warm! So thankful for...1) went out on a belated anniversary date with John last night 2) stopped at my brother and sis-in laws and held their new baby for an hour and a half ~ her is sooo tiny and precious 3) my house is complete disaster but am going to spend all day tomorrow cleaning it ~ I am not even going to get ready for the day or do my hair!! So if ya stop by I might be yellin' at the kids to help clean and look really scary!!

4 comments:

Shayna said...

I love the Scream Free Parenting guy. He is on one of the radio stations here once a week and they have listeniers call in with questions. I love his views and his outlook on things. He also has a website you need to go check out!!!
Looks like you guys had a perfect summer day!!! I can't believe it is almost over!

Brandi said...

I NEED THAT BOOK AFTER YOU!!! I hate it that I am a screamer but I really have tried to control it but I can't. Jes said once that she thinks screams is her way of releasing stress-I think that could very well be true! PLEASE pass on any little trick from the book.
I am still laughing at the cold juice spilled right in the croch-that had to be such a shock...I think it is hilarious though!
I AM WAY JEALOUSE you got to hold little Oakleigh for an hour and a half...I miss the little angel so badly. She is just so precious and perfect!

Adrienne said...

Both those books sound like something I should read. Are those pancakes huckleberry....? mmmm

Tiff said...

I love the way you write on your blog. Though i used to not be a screamer each day I realized I do a little more. SO please pass the book along when you are done!! Both actually! I love Stephanie lesson and am curious to read the book now as well. I love checking out your blog, its great!!!!!!! I love the way you write things and tell the story.
Oh yeah, we need to have an enrichment meeting soon, when does work for you.