Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"How many more days are we staying? I don't want to go home!"

Thursday my parents stopped by real quick as they were leaving to go camping at the KOA campground for the weekend right in West Yellowstone! Well two little girls followed them outside to say goodbye and watched as they pulled away... I'm not sure what the girls said or did...but a few minutes later mom called and said, "how fast can you have the girls ready to go?" She said they didn't even get around the block and was feelin' like they should take the girls!! So we hustled and got them all packed, dressed, hair combed, sent a little spending money for West, and off they went! To say they were excited is a HUGE understatement! They couldn't believe that they were going camping all by themselves with Grandma, Grandpa, and Gidget! I was a little nervous cause you know my kids go and go and go till they hit the pillow...but mom said they were really good! They had the time of their little lives!! Halle would tell mom everyday..."How many more days are we staying? I don't want to go home." They went miniature golfing ~ where they both got a hole-in-one~, swimming, rode their bikes, rented a little carriage-type pedal bike, shopped in West Yellowstone, sat by the fire, and played at the playground! Mike, Mandie, and their family went up Saturday and Sunday! I tried to talk mom into taking my camera but she wouldn't, but Mandie said she got a few pictures! Thanks mom and dad for taking them!! You made a memory that they will never forget! They love you so much and they know how much you love them!! Thank you for all you do for our family and kids! I am so blessed to have you as parents, and my are children doubly blessed to have you as grandparents!!I missed the girls terribly! I was able to get some good cleanin' done though!! I cleaned like a mad woman for three straight days!! Blasted the radio and dove right in! I started in the girls room! Washed walls, cleaned the blinds and ceiling fan {which was so disgusting}, switched it around, washed all the bedding weeded through their clothes and shoes, and threw "stuff" away! Same thing in the boys room...I threw so much "stuff" away in their room I filled a 55 gallon garbage sack!! 55 GALLON!! I am not joking! My boys are pack rats and "shovers" ~ they shove things...in drawers, under beds, in the back of the closet, anywhere you can "shove" something, they do!! And I've had the discussion about "that's just having to put it away twice and it takes twice the effort and time, just do it right the first time", but it didn't get absorbed into their little minds! And is it just a teenage boy thing to eat or drink something in your room and they "shove" the dishes under your bed? I couldn't figure out where half of my bowls and spoons had gone till we pulled out the beds!! Their room was ALOT more work than the girls!! But they were there to help me wash walls, bedding, change the room around, go through their clothes and get rid of the things that were too small {man they have both grown this summer} fold and put clothes away! We have a huge pile that is going to the DI! But ya know...it feels really great to have a clean house! Even though I know it won't last long! We also did some school shoppin'! They were such butt heads for the first little bit...when they realized that they had to actually try the stuff on! But they kinda got in the groove and had fun! We found killer deals at Macy's ~ we got Jace an IZOD golf jacket regularly $65.00 for $9.00, we got about 6 t-shirts {Quicksilver, Hurley, Volcom, O'Neil} regularly $20.00 -$26.00 for $4.39 each, and I even got me a couple pair of levi pants that were $46.00 for $5.29 each! Then I used my Macy's card and got an additional 15% off! I just love gettin' awesome deals!! Love it!! Headed to Salt Lake with my sisters for a couple of days!! Going to do some shopping, eating, laughing, and more shopping {I so need a break}! So thankful for...1) the girls had a great time with my parents 2) the kids rooms are clean and they've actually stayed clean for 32 hours 3) loved the book "Scream Free Parenting"...so many good ideas and I'm trying them out, have had many oppurtunities placed at my feet to test it out ~ started "Lighten Up" ~ love her and her writing!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

You are right - that memory of the girls going with their grandma and grandpa will last forever. What a great family you have!
I remember going to my Grandma's in Rexburg for the weekend, and when we came home my mom always cleaned, cleaned, rearranged, and cleaned our rooms! It felt to good! So I bet your girls loved that too!
I went school shopping with Kayden last night and it was a such a cinch! Boys are pretty easy I think - but then again I only have a 7 year old. Way to go on the killer deals!
Have so much fun with your sisters!

Oh AND, the Movies you wanna see.... I so wanna see the Time Travelers Wife too! Have you read the book? Umm.... I am SURE the movie will jip a lot out!

Robert and Stacey Hall Family said...

I so need to read the screaming book, I am horrible at screaming at my children. I am glad you were able to accomplish a lot, I so need to deep clean our house. Want to come over? LOL

Janiel said...

Sometimes those quick, impromtu trips seem to be the best for kids! They know they are getting a "deal"so they act better and feel more special. Glad you got lots of time to clean, clean and shop. Jealous! And talk about deals on school close...really jealous!

Colette said...

How fun for your girls. Sounds like they had a great time. I'm very, very jealous of your cleaning opportunity. I've been on the go way too much this past month and my house is showing it! Have a fun time in Salt Lake and way to go on the bargain shopping!

Scott and Lindsey said...

It is so fun reading about your family! You have such a cute blog!! I don't really know proper blog protocal so I hope it is ok I am on your site ...I feel a little like a stalker:-) It was so fun to see you the other day! We should get together and have lunch.
-Love Lindsey