to the first day of school ~ 3 days to go!! This is always an emotional time of year for me...just one big emotional roller coaster...poor John never knows what "wife" he'll come home too!! I'm sad ~ my kids are goin' back to school, I'm happy ~ my kids are goin' back to school, I'm anxious ~ do I have every thing they need, I'm in a panic ~ have I done enough with them this summer, I'm nervous ~ will they be ok with out their mama, I'm ornery ~ so much to do, I cry ~ when they are all in bed and I realize that my kids are growing up way too fast, I'm excited ~ for all that this time of year brings...football games, stews and soups, bread and sweets, chilly nights, warm days, back to school nights, homework, routine, and fall is just around the corner! I just have to remember to slow down, take a deep breath, and try to enjoy every moment, cause they are going by faster and faster!! Halle had a "Popsicle Party" with her kindergarten teacher and her class! They met their teacher, played a few games, and of course had Popsicles!! Good thing I was wearin' my sunglasses cause the tears just flowed! But of course Hal just loved it and can't wait till the first day of school!
Sittin' in a circle and gettin' to know her friends and playin' hot potato...
"Ya put your triangle in, ya put your triangle out, ya put your triangle in and shake it all about!"

It's all just a little crazy when I stop and really think about it!! I'm a mom, I have four wonderful kids who are my entire world, a husband I am in absolute love with, and yet I still feel like I'm just outta high school! I don't "feel" like a mom! But here I am, my baby is going to be a sophomore, I have a 7th grader, a 5th grader, and my other baby is going to be going to kindergarten...CrAzY, cRaZy! Like I said John doesn't ever know what "emotion" he's going to come home to, I think that's why he calls right before he leaves work to see how things are goin' and to get a feel of "my mood" ~ love that guy! He deserves an award for all he has to put up with from me!! For the most part I think we're ready for the school year to start...Halle registers tomorrow, have to get Jace some purple pens {which I think is kinda odd, it was on his school supply list...why purple?}, Jace still needs some shoes, and I want to take em' out to lunch on Wednesday for one last Hoo-Rah!! So thankful for...1) John 2) went to an awesome garage sale and got a bunch of great stuff for Hannah and some other fun stuff ~ some of it I'm going to use for a back-to-school dinner {thanks Steph H. for the great idea} 3) that I am...a "mom"!
4 comments:
You should also receive an award for the "Best Mom Ever!" Good luck with the first week of school. How fun!
you are such a good mom! I know how you feel about school starting. I'm not ready for Caleb to go all day!
Hang in there. We're Moms we're entitled to be emotional!!
That was the PERFECT way to sum up how I have been feeling too! Thanks for putting it down into words and making me feel not so "abnormal and weird."
Post a Comment