The girls are doing great!! Hannah didn't get historian but didn't feel too bad about it! She had fun makin' posters, cards to handout, and "campaigning". We had the whole "your dad and I are just proud of you for trying and doing your best" talk! She is doing good in school...kinda struggles with her reading! She is a busy body and doesn't like to sit and read! She did the Tater-Tot-Trot last Friday and did great!! She had to run ¾ of a mile and came in 5th! Her shins hurt for a couple days after and as soon as she was done she said..."if I'm doin' this next year I'm going to start running a few weeks before"! She had the lead most of the way but toward the end she slowed down a bit!



Jace ran by her toward the end giving her encouragement!! She has also started dance! Her and I are also making her some bead watches and she is loving picking out her beads and designing them! We are so proud of what a beautiful young lady she is becoming!! Halle is lovin' school too!! They got to wear the jammies to school for the letter "P" day!
Her thought that was pretty fun!! She has also been wanting to fix her own lunches after she gets home from school!
She is pretty proud of herself and so am I!
Halle also did the Tater-Tot-Trot! She was pretty excited to do it, a little nervous not quite sure what to do, but got in there and did it anyway!! Well about ¼ mile into the race {she had to run one lap} her and a few other girls tripped over each other! Well I was takin' pictures and couldn't see her face cause I didn't have my glasses and I thought she hopped up and just kept goin'!! Well she did keep goin' but with tears!! I didn't know she was cryin' the whole time till I see her comin' toward the finish with this face...
She was cryin' the whole time but didn't quit and finished the race!! Here she is lining up, getting ready and racing...

And this is what happened when she fell...
But nothing that a piece of bread, an orange, a banana, and a Laffy Taffy stick couldn't make feel a little better!!
Proud of you Halle Gene!! She also started dance! Halle and I spend alot of time at the library!! Something I didn't do a whole lot with my other kids {insert guilt here}! But with just her and I home we get the chance to do alot of reading when its quiet!! I almost have 2½ weeks of not blogging caught up! Tomorrow Spud Day and John's hunting! Loving the cool nights and warm days!! Still able to get out and do some of this..
And since we are running here and there with every one's activities, going on bike rides, playing outside, homework, and everything else, this is what usually happens at the end of the night...
We collapse into our beds!! So thankful for...1) John ~ again! He does so much for me!! I'm on my diet again and he weighs and measures out all my meat for me and bags it ~ I hate touchin' meat!! 3) 2 more days of school then we're out for Harvest for 2 weeks!
2 comments:
Fun pics! Caleb keeps asking if he gets to have pajama day in first grade. She is too cute, humming and making sandwiches!
we missed not going to spud day this year!! It just doesn't seem like fall without it!! And I missed all the yummy food!! :( Tell the girls good job for the tater-tot-trot!! How fun!! And that pic of Halle cryin' when she is running...she is just too cute!! Good for her for finishing even when she was hurtin'!! Hope you guys are doing great!! Miss ya!
Post a Comment