how I love Spud Day!! When the weather is nice and sunny...it makes for a great day! The girls wanted to ride in the kids parade and decorate their bikes! So we rode our bikes downtown and I dropped them off at Mick's and then rode down to watch them...


They got a $.50 piece for riding in the parade!! John, Justin, and Jace walk with the fire engines, passing out candy and Idaho Spud bars...
After the parade we headed over and got our free baked potato! I don't care what ya say...I think a free spud on Spud Day taste better than I have all year!! And after all these years we have a "plan" all figured out so we don't have to wait an hour to get one!! After that it was walking around and seein' what was out there!! The girls rode this...
and this...
This was a hilarious ride!! If ya look closely you can see how dizzy Halle is getting!! Ya can't see him, but there was a guy in the back that would spin the cars as they went by!! Gladly he caught on about Halle and didn't spin their car too much!! I was sure we were going to see her corn dog come back up! Last year Hannah bought some little frogs that lasted about 3 weeks till John threw them away!! Well this year guess what she found and "had to have" {saying "had to have" like a dramatic 10 year old does}...a Hermit Crab!! And ya just can't get one Hermit Crab cause little sister feels left out and the other Hermit Crab would get lonely!! So $25.00 later we walk away with a Hermit Crab house, food, TWO Hermit Crabs, a palm tree watering spot, and instructions about the care of your Hermit Crab!! They are such ugly little things and don't do anything!! Well we get them home and figure out their house they came with is too small for two crabs and they need more sand! So a quick trip to Petco and another $25.00 we now have a sand castle houses, pink sand, two shells they can grow into, a crab pooper scooper, and two happy little girls!!
I'm sending John out next year to scout out the booths for any other strange animal they might be selling and we will direct Hannah far away from that one!! After lots of food and drink we headed to the Spud Tug!! The fire department helped mix the potatoes and helped with the tug!!

Right after that we headed to the Demolition Derby! The fire department helps out there too so we go out and hang out!! Can I just say a demolition derby brings out every single weird person this side of the state!! It's truly a white trash event!! And since we're there..... We park our chairs in the back of the pick up trucks, have a little fried chicken, and hoot and holler when the cars rams each other!! Really...I would love to drive in a derby!! Ram a few cars!! But Mandie and I were talkin' we probably couldn't drive anywhere cause we'd be peein' our pants laughing!! It would be fun!! Maybe I'll put that on my "to do" list!! {See I am embrace my white trash side by proclaiming for all to see that one of my aspirations in life is to drive in a derby}!! We all came home tired, dirty, completely worn out!! It was a good day!! Well that post took longer than I thought and I'm tired!! The fun stuff will have to wait till tomorrow!! John and Justin just walked in the door from hunting!! It wasn't a sucessful hunt as far as getting anything, darn it, but a successful day as far as a father and son spending some time together!! John didn't take my camers but he took this picture of Justin with his cell phone!!
So thankful for...1) got my bills done and groceries bought 2) kids are in their jammies and I'm off to send them to bed 3) I have a new magazine to read tonight in bed!!
So thankful for...1) got my bills done and groceries bought 2) kids are in their jammies and I'm off to send them to bed 3) I have a new magazine to read tonight in bed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment