Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins and Pick-ups...

about sum up our past few days!! Last Saturday we met at Mandie's had pizza and carved pumpkins!! And as always I think I want to carve a pumpkin every year and as soon as I get half way into it I realize how much I dislike carving and cleaning pumpkins!! Jace wanted the Steelers sign on his so he traced the pattern and asked if I would cut it! Long story short, I messed up and ruined his pumpkin! So they had to make a quick pumpkin run to Fred Meyer and get another pumpkin!! Sorry Jace!! But we got 'em all carved and all ended well!! I'll have to try and get a picture of them all lighted tomorrow night!! That same night it was two days before Justin's 16th birthday and we got him a little Toyota pick-up! We were so excited to give it to him that we just couldn't wait!! So we had my dad drive it up to Mandie's and as soon as everyone got there we gave him a card with this poem on it... "This note is just for you...
from your mom and dad,
do exactly what it
says and don't get mad!!
We love you so very much so here's a early birthday surprise!! Open Mandie's big garage door...
you won't believe your eyes!!"
Well he kinda new somethin' was goin' on cause I kept tellin' him to stay in the garage so he wouldn't see my dad drivin' it up!! So when he opened the garage door this is what he saw...a little 1989 Toyota pick-up!! It only has 85,000 miles on it! It needs a little work, but that is something John and Justin can do together! Jace was excited cause he said in three years that it will be his!! It needed a new stereo so that night we stopped at good 'ole Wal-Mart and he got a Pioneer radio ~ cause ya gotta have some tunes, and John, dad, and Justin installed it Sunday!! So now the next thing on his list is some subs!! He went and bought a fuel filter and oil filter and him and John are going to change the oil! It will be a good little truck for him!! He was very excited and very grateful!!My dad was excited too! The day before we gave it to him we parked it in his shop and he waxed it and cleaned it up and went and bought a new seat cover and floor mats for it!! He has awesome grandparents!! On Monday he drove to school and I knew he would be comin' home for lunch with Zac and Justin!! So I eagerly waited by the front door with my camera...If ya look closely at the second picture you can see him lookin' in the window and seein' me with the camera and was like..."MOM"! I love the kid!! That night we went to Sizzler ~ his choice for steak and all you can eat shrimp ~ with my family and Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore! John and I gave him a few accessories for his truck, a cd holder, a holder for his phone and iPod, and some air fresheners!! Mike and Mandie gave him a gas card and the biggest piece of jerky I've ever seen, Mike, Steph, Blake and Shannon gave him some $, and Grandma and Grandpa Carter also gave him a really nice Fox jacket and shirt!! He was totally spoiled! Thank you to everyone! A few things about Justin...
* he's 6'3
* weighs 175 lbs.
* wears a size 13 shoe
* loves to eat anything, anytime * is doing good in school
* can now drive at night ~ legally
* can not be with out his cell phone or iPod
* everything is "gay" if he gets mad or irritated
* still picks on his sisters and brother
* has some really great friends
* hard worker {once he gets going}
* has a great sense of humor
I hope he had a great birthday! He turned 16 two days after Homecoming! A month or so ago he said to me that he was going to go! Well with him turning 16 two days after, I just casually reminded him what the prophet said about dating before you're 16!! All he said was "gay" and walked away!! But he didn't go and I was proud of him and his decision!! That and the fact it saved his dad and I lots of moola!! Well best get to bed...tomorrow is Halloween and to be honest, I just can't get into it this year!! I think it's the weather! I hate trick-or-treating in the cold and the kids having to wear a coat over their costumes!! So we'll go and get what we can without freezing! I've stocked up on candy, got some pumpkin pizzas, doughnuts, and apple juice!! Now just pick up a movie for later that night and I think we're all set!! So thankful for...1) my family, especially my parents, they love and spoil my kids 2) that we were able to surprise Justin with a little truck ~ officially named..."the YODA" {we name all our cars, why I don't know! We've had whitey, brownie, silver Boy, orange boy, and now "yoda"} 3) John...he works so hard for me and the kids!!

No comments: