Tuesday, December 22, 2009

His first dance!!

Justin went to his first dance Saturday!! He asked Kaitlyn Anderson to the Winter ball! {Does anyone know of a pill that will stop a large amount of tears flowing freely from my eyes every time this kid does something?} This is how he asked her... He hid an alarm clock in her room that went off at 4:00 a.m. with a note saying..."Didn't mean to "ALARM" you, but I wanted to know if you would go to Winter Ball with me? Justin"
We both worried all night it wouldn't go off but it did! She answered him back by giving him a present at school the next day and she told him he had to carry it around all day and couldn't open it till his last class. Well during one of his classes the present started beeping really loud! She had wrapped an alarm clock to go during class telling him yes she'd love to go!! Friday he took me on a date! We went to Pizza Hut and practiced his dating skills! He did great! He opened the door everywhere we went, let me order first, got me refills on my drink, asked if I wanted dessert, paid the bill {with my debit card} and we had a fun time talking! We then went and tried to find "matchin" shirts for the dance ~ that's alot harder than I thought it would be! It was fun! I shared this quote with him and want him to remember it...
"People who mind don't matter and
those that matter don't mind!"
He had to think about it for a minute but it's true! Those who matter in your life aren't going to mind what you're doing! They're going to be by your side and having fun right there with ya! And those that mind...really don't have a place in your life!! It wasn't an all day date {thank goodness}! They just went to dinner ~ Chuck-A-Rama, the dance, and out to Justin Kirkham's to watch a movie! They stopped by so I could take some pictures...
Justin and Kaitlyn...
Showin' off some "male modeling" skills... Zac and his date Bailey... who all went...Zac, Bailey, Jessica, Justin K., Justin R. and Kaitlyn... He borrowed his Uncle Mike's red Chevy truck! And we won't even discuss what time he got home!! But let's just say he got his phone taken away {cause he wouldn't answer it or text me back}, grounded from driving for a few days, and a LONG lecture the next day! I just don't know if I can handle this teenage thing! Either I'm cryin' or yellin'! I was lookin' forward to gettin' him up early the next day for church but we stayed home cause about 6:00 in the morning Jace yells from the bathroom..."mom, come here fast!!" And guess what I saw...he had thrown up everywhere!! He was sitting on the potty and just let it spew forth all over the floor and wall and shower curtain!! SERIOUSLY???? I asked him why he didn't throw up in the garbage or the tub ~ both of which are right there and he said he couldn't stop it!! Can I just tell you how much I hate cleaning up throw up!! Thank goodness for John...he got the majority of the mess and started it washing, and I cleaned the walls and mopped, and Lysoled everything good! Hannah woke up with a belly ache but hers didn't amount to much! So needless to say we all stayed home from church! And truthfully...I don't like missing church! Going to church just starts my week! If I miss it's like I'm missing "something" from my week and I can't wait till Sunday comes around again so I can go! I think I had a mini panic attack yesterday...Christmas if 3 days away, John is working till Christmas Eve and I have so much to do!! Everything is wrapped and basically bought...just odds and ends! Go see the Christmas lights, still need to grab John a few things, teacher's gifts, groceries, parents and in-laws! I keep making these lists that I keep losing and then forgetting things! So I have one list in a central location that if I do remember something I have to drop what I'm doing and immediately go write it down! Cause if I think to myself I need to remember to write that down, and then I don't, and then I forget what I wanted to write down, and then I end up saying...."CRAP! John can you run to the store and get _______!" And then I have to hear it from him!! But what can ya do!! I'll put on a smile, get up every morning at 4:00 a.m., go, go, go, collapse in bed each night, just look forward to Christmas morning, and the days following it! John's off till the 7th of January so we can rest and relax then!! So thankful for...1) Jace is feeling better ~ hoping he just ate too much junk {knock on wood} 2) Halle's excitement about Christmas ~ she has a chain she' been counting down the days with and she can't believe there are only 3 left 3) that I can choose to be happy or miserable ~ so far I'm choosing happy!!

1 comment:

Janiel said...

Love how he asked her! Cute, cute. Hopefully my mind will store that idea away for when Burkley starts asking girls to dances. Wow, that wont be too far away. Also, LOVE the qoute. Thats a keeper!