Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh, my dear blog...

how I have missed you! But alas I am back and with so much to share!! Couldn't start without talking about Thanksgiving!! It was a great time! We spent Thanksgiving with my Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore, my mom's sister, and her brother and their families! We ate alot {too much}, played some games, and visited!! It was good to see everyone! My sister Stephanie and four of my cousins are pregnant! Since this picture was taken Steph has had her baby {more on that in a bit}...aren't they just all cute and don't they just glow!! They are all just beautiful! Oh I want to be pregnant!! To me a pregnant woman and a new baby is just the closest thing to Heaven! They are carrying life and they are just precious and fragile, and just wonderful!! I could just hug all pregnant women! {And yes I do know how many times I just said "just"}! I do have to say that Thanksgiving is my favorite time of the year!! I just really reflect on my many blessing during the month of November! I have so much that I can't even put it into words and make you completely understand how much I love my family! John still takes my breath away with every look, kiss, or touch! He sacrifices so much and works so hard so I can stay home and raise our four little demons angels! I am thankful for my parents, my sister's and their hubby's and kids, my brother and his wife and little Oakleigh, and my grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and friends!! I have a warm home, food I can put on the table, clothes for our backs, hot water for long showers, a few extra dollars for a date night with the hubby, and a car that can get to where I need to be! Life is good! I am thankful for the gospel and the comfort, blessings, and protection it brings to my family! {wipe away tears} Ok...I want to introduce my newest little nephew ~ who I just love to hold and cuddle and smell and nibble on his ears ~ Ryker Trace Balmforth He was born December 1st, 2009 at 10:13 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 21¾ inches long!! I was lucky enough to be able to be in the delivery room when he was born! I've actually have been able to be in the delivery room when all my nephews have been born! It is such a miracle! That two people can make something so perfect and so amazing! And there is truly a thing as love at first sight!! You fall instantly in love with these babies!! {wipe away more tears} I was so proud of my sister...she did so good! Baby is home and everyone is getting adjusted and settled! I love going over and just holding him! I will always be baby hungry!! Just so glad there are so many being born all around me!! I just hope they are willing to share a snuggle with me!! Well this is so still so much going on but we'll keep it short and simple...Christmas ~ tree and decorations up, still a little shopping and wrapping to do, John has his family Christmas party this weekend, attitude still needs a little adjusting...feeling a little "bah-humbug" this year! Don't know why just am! And spending lots of money on material things I know my kids won't appreciate is not helping it! Kids ~ busy, doing good in school, the boys are playing church ball, Justin is doing great! He loves it! He's made at least 12 points a game! He kinda wishes now he would have tried out for the team. I ask him what's the difference and he said there's just not that "pressure" there and he can just play! So we'll see what next year brings. He's asking a girl to his first dance tonight! He's a little excited and nervous!! Me too! I'll start crying AGAIN!! Jace tries out for the 7th grade team after Christmas! Hannah finally got her room clean! Can y'all hear the heavenly chorus of angels singing "HALLELUJAH"! We have made a goal {a demand} that she doesn't go to bed without it clean!! Halle is just excited for Christmas! She can hardly stand it!! "How many more days till Christmas" is what she asks me every morning as soon as she gets out of bed!! Remember those days...ya just couldn't wait for Christmas!! Oh to be little again!! So thankful for...1) I was sick again this weekend {103.3 fever} and John drug me to the doctor and took such good care of me 2) house is clean, laundry done, and the boys room doesn't smell like corn chips {gag} 3) dinner in the oven and rolls rising!!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

So glad to have you back to the blog. Hope you're feeling better.