Tuesday, January 5, 2010

~ Christmas Eve 2009 ~

We had a great Christmas!! Though I do have to say I was a little "scroogie" feeling this year and I don't know why! I just couldn't get into the "spirit" of it all! I think I was too focused on the material part of Christmas and what to get my already spoiled kids or the stress of getting everything done and making sure things were just right! But I made it through ok and it was a very nice Christmas!! We started Christmas Eve by going to pizza and bowling! John had to work this year so we missed him!!After pizza and bowling we headed home for a short bit before going back to Steph and Mike's for Prime Rib dinner! John was home by then ~ for 15 days! Mike B. bought an 18 pound prime rib that John got all ready the day before with tons of seasonings and spices and we put it in to cook all day! Can I just tell ya I love meat!! I'm a carnivore!! It was so good and good thing we had everything wrapped cause I put myself into a food induced coma by the time I was done!! It was soo yummy!! After we got things cleaned up Mike B. read the Christmas story to us... we opened our Chritmas Eve present {jammies}... and guess who showed up?? The man in red himself...Santa!!Halle was a little confused...she asked how could Santa be here if he was supposed to be in China {we were tracking him on NORAD all day}! I just grabbed her and told her to find a chair ~ wasn't in the mood to explain!!and Santa even went downstairs to find John who was hiding out!!
My Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore were able to come over and enjoy dinner with us! I love them both so much! I was telling John how lucky I am and my children that I still have my grandparents on both sides and my kids have their grandparents, great grandparents, and a great-great grandma on my dad's side!! I thinks it's pretty amazing and they know them and have a great relatonship with all of them!! Anyway...my Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore...They love each other so much!! They will celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary this year!! We all headed home and put the kids to bed!! Christmas Eve is undoubtedly the hardest night of the year to sleep if you're a kid {or an adult, but for different reasons} but one of the most exciting!! More to come...

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Looks like Christmas Eve was such a wonderful day for you guys! I am so sorry that you didn't quite get into it this year. There is always so much going on sometimes it is just impossible. Can't wait to see more!
PS LOVE the girls pjs. they are so adorable with there little sleep masks! So cute

Jolene said...

Merry Christmas from one Scrooge to another! I had a hard time this year, too. Glad that things turned out well for you in the end. Looks like a great Christmas Eve! Love the jammies.

Colette said...

Love the kids pajamas. My boys would have loved the "Modern Warfare" pajamas. Doesn't Halle know he was only a helper because the real Santa was busy!! I know what you mean about feeling like a "scrooge". I don't know what it was this year if everything just came too quickly and I didn't have a chance to get in the spirit of things but I struggled too. In fact, I'm still struggling. URGH dang winter blahs.