Tuesday, January 5, 2010

~ Christmas 2009 ~

The kids didn't fall asleep, they just laid in bed, just laid there, waiting for Santa to come!! They did eventually fall asleep or so I thought!! John and I were putting some things together...we had everything wrapped, just had to haul up the TV and finish putting together the entertainment center {it was in 2 pieces} ~ which took longer than we thought and John was WAY too noisy at doing, which then started a small argument cause he wanted to dust and clean and VACUUM and I just wanted to put it up and take care of it tomorrow!! Still irritates me!! But everyone stayed asleep...or so I thought...till the phone rings at 2:30 in the morning {yes we were STILL up} and guess who it is?? Just guess...it was Justin!! Calling from his bedroom on his cell phone asking if he could get up yet!! I couldn't believe it!! Well we {I} calmed down, we made up, and got to bed around 3:00! Then at four Justin called again asking if he could get up yet! I about broke his phone right then and there!! Finally at 5:30 everyone was up and ready to go!! Everyone got up, went potty ~ which takes forever ~ and then we go out, youngest to oldest, to see what Santa left...And I love my new Dell laptop Santa gave me ~ it's even pink!! Cause he knew how much I love to farm and update my blog!! I gave him a BIG kiss and lots of loves! We had a great Christmas and everybody got most everything they wanted. I also got a new set of knives...love them too! My old set was 18 years old!! We finished up and headed over to mom and dad's for more present opening and a big breakfast! After that we came home and the boys promptly set up their xbox and the girls started playing with the play do... It was a great day!! We went back over to mom and dad's later that night and had turkey, ham, all the fixin's and played games! It was a very Merry Christmas and the thing I enjoyed most was spending time with my family!! John had 15 days off and we enjoyed every single one of them!! So thankful for...1) the birth of our Savior...I had a hard time remembering the true meaning of Christmas this year and keeping that my focus, but I am so thankful for all my blessings and His presence and guidance in our lives 2) my family, 3) laughter

2 comments:

Colette said...

Okay, thanks for the laugh because I was laughing at your Christmas Eve experience and Justin calling you on the phone because I could just see it being my house!! Don't you love these kids getting older. I'd fallen asleep next to Harleigh on Christmas Eve and Jayce came up at 12:15 and said "get up mom, don't you have to help Santa" and then he winks. We had to get the kids snowboards out of Todd's pickup and I accidentally slammed the front door. Todd grumbled at me and the boys banged on the ceiling from downstairs, guess they weren't really asleep like they were pretending. The next morning they informed me that Santa was a little noisy and then winked. Luckily Harleigh said "I didn't hear him"! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has felt bad about not feeling the real reason for the season because I struggled with it too! Oh well, onto the New Year!!

Allison said...

Lucky . . . I wanted a pink laptop! Santa only brought me a regular black one, but I did get a Dell just like you!!!! :)

I looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

Happy New Year!