Last week the young men played their dads in a church basketball game! John thought that he was going to be so sore the next morning but he wasn't too bad for a 40 year old!! All I can say is that John should have played in high school...he's just a natural!! And I was totally twitterpated watching him!! Wanted to hop in the car, drive somewhere, and make out madly like the good ole' days, but alas the kids were hungry and the make out session would have to wait till another time! But back to then game...the dads pulled out a win over the boys and had a lot of fun!! I can't figure out if it's me or my camera that takes sucky pictures so I'll blame it on my camera!! John's getting close to buying me a new one so again...we'll blame it on the camera!!
Back row: Darin Durbin, Brian Young, Bryan Jolley, Stan Peterson, John
Kneeling: Kyle Simmons, Taylor Jolley, McKay Jolley, Josh Peterson, Justin Russell, Jace Russell



Jace has had two school games and they have won both of them! The first win against Firth 40-28, Jace had 2 points, and a win against North Fremont 43-11, Jace had 8 points!Jace has started in both games. So far they are having a great season and Jace is having a great time! He comes home tired but never complains! They dressed up in church clothes for their first home game Thursday and he is growing up! He looked so sharp and I just couldn't believe that it was three years ago that Justin was doing the same thing and now here's my J, dressing up and playing school ball! Time is not just flying by...it is zooming past me at lighting speed...kinda like the blurriness of all my pictures...






The kids all got their report cards and did good...they all have some room to improve! The girls both got Perfect Attendance...

The month of Feburary and March will be keepin' us busy...attending games every Tuesday and Thursday, dance, afterschool activites, Hannah is starting Club Volleyball, church ball, practices, mutual, I was called to be nursery leader, and everything else! John and I hope to try and go see "The Lovely Bones". I read the book several years ago but with all the hoopla about this movie coming out called "The Lovely Bones"...I wanted to read it, forgetting that I already had, I went and bought the book and re-read it, realizing after the first chapter I had already read it, but read it anyway cause it is a good book...in a weird way {DO NOT like the ending}. Anyway, John ended up reading it ~ which is a miracle cause he NEVER reads anything that isn't about hunting or bows or guns, and we had some fun discussions about the book! I asked him if he wanted to join a book club and he said...NO! He kinda liked it too...in a weird way, it's kinda disturbing in some parts. So anyway...we both want to see the movie!! We tried last week but couldn't find a time so we'll try again this week! I am going to go put the kids to bed! It's only 7:15 but they won't fall asleep till 8:30 or 9:00 so I have to start now!
So thankful for...1) got my groceries bought this weekend, no trips to town this week {not for groceries at least ;) 2) bills paid 3) house clean and laundry done ~ starting out the week pretty good!!
5 comments:
You are such a fantastic blogger Chris...I need to be better at journaling! Love that the Dads can still hold their own with those young ones!
Cute song that's playing!
love how you say John's getting close to buying you a new camera (I've been trying to talk Chris into getting me a new one)
Have fun in nursery...I love it there!
Funny thing . . I pulled up your blog and the Black Eyed Peas song "I Gotta Feeling" started playing and I started looking for my cell phone because that is what I have my ringtone set to. I found my phone and it wasn't ringing . . . it was your blog!!! LOVE THAT SONG and even more I LOVE YOUR BLOG and even most I LOVE YOU!!!
You are my blog idol! You have the cutest family! It is so fun to see everything you guys are up to!
Post a Comment