Sunday, February 21, 2010

Love month...

as Halle calls it, has almost come to an end! It was a good month for love!! We had our Valentine's dinner on Saturday night by candle light! We had pizza, salad, chips, and chocolate chip cookies! I was missing one of my Valentine's...Justin was on an all day date so he was gone and it made me sad! John said it was something I was probably going to have to get used to but I don't want to! And then my eyes filled with tears and I knew he was right!! I sent the kids with John for a quick "errand" so I could set up... and they came home to find their Valentine's... See those little "Turbie Twist" towels there on the girls plates? I was walkin' in ShopKo and saw them on an end isle for $.75 so I grabbed a couple! The girls love wrappin' their hair up after their baths but the big towels are always wobbly on their little heads and won't stay!! Well these work great and we love 'em...Justin got some golf balls and tees {golf season is right around the corner}, J got a rechargeable battery pack for his xbox, the girls got the Turbie Twists and new blankets, John got some bullets and his hunting/sportsman's licences, Abby got a Snuggie, and everyone got lots of candy!! John got me a necklace! I have wanted one for a long time...just a simple one that I can wear all the time! We went and looked and he bought me this...It's the one in the commercial where the couple is at a cabin and it's raining and the lighting strikes and she jumps in his arms and he says something like..."I'm right here and I always will be" then he gives her the necklace then they "embrace", kind of a corny commercial but I love my necklace and I love John!! Sunday on Valentine's Day we went to mom's for lunch with the family! She cooked her yummy barbecue with all the trimmings! And when we got home Justin had a surprise waitin' for him...Kaitlyn covered his room in kisses and left him some chocolate ones!! It's been a busy month! John still has his beard...which should be comin' off here at the beginning of next month {yeah}! Jace's b-ball team has won all their games! He's #44...He heads to Salmon this Tuesday and that's one I probably won't go to! If John was off we would go but he has to work and I don't want to drive that far alone! He was also nominated for "best dressed" for the year book!! Like I said Justin is gearin' up for golf, lookin' for a job, and keepin' John and I on the borderline of crazy!! He went to a fireside in Rexburg today and walked {ran} out with a box of Ding-Dongs and a bag of Oreo's. Hannah started volleyball and has practices every Monday and is loving it! She got her jersey and is excited for her first game! Halle is doing so good at reading! She has to work hard at it and has some extra help at school but she is doing so good and loves school and her teacher! John's waitin' to go to bed so I better go!! So thankful for...1) a very hardworking husband 2) we are going to Disneyland ~ I can't believe John said yes 3) Halle is so excited to go she can hardly it!!

7 comments:

Jolene said...

Just a guess, but John probably didn't pick out the color for the laptop. I personally LOVE it. I'm crazy about pink. If you ever need a number 2 to go to games, call me. It sounds like a good time to me but I really don't have an excuse to go. As soon as I learn my photoshop stuff more, I'll be HAPPY to show you.

Janiel said...

What a fun Valentines you all had!!! Love all the festive decor and congrats on the bling...beautiful!

Shayna said...

CUTE CUTE post... what a fun month for you and your family

Adrienne said...

What a fun v-day! I'm so jealous...I want to go to disneyland! I just read the comment above about learning photoshop. We should get together with Stephanie and have a girls night and I'll show you whatever I know (which isn't much but it would be fun!)

Colette said...

Your Valentines looks so fun. Disneyland...yeah!! I loved going a couple of years ago. Are you like me thinking, "our kids are getting older, we only have a few more years for vacations". I tell you we should get together, eat some chocolate, and cry over our kids growing up!

Robyn said...

Hey - I've been looking for a towel thing for Saydee....for the same reasons. If you see something similar....let me know.

P.S. Did you say you work at ShopKo?

Scott and Lindsey said...

You are so creative:-) What a fun Valentines Day!!