they're white. They're sold by the dozen. And you need to buy fresh ones each week." But not if you're two teenage boys with 1) no money 2) a love of golf, and 3) permission to go in the fields around the golf course and find golf balls!! Then ya hit the jack pot!! Even if ya come home soaking wet cause it rained and it was cold, but ya didn't let that deter ya and ya came home with buckets of gold, white gold that is!! Justin, Jace, and Kabe went golfing yesterday! Well they started out golfing but then a nasty storm rolled in and I guess they didn't golf very long at all so they went to look for golf balls and got a few! They had permission to go and look for them and was so excited when they got home! They got buckets of water and filled it up with soap, scrubbed the balls and then spent about an hour drying each of them, dividing them out, and initialing each ball {which I hope Jace used JW cause both their initials would be JR...I'll have to ask 'em...I'm sure they did}! So now we have about 70 golf balls each and are set for a few weeks! Granted they are used but they found some nice balls and they both reminded me of when they were little and would come home all excited with a cool rock or awesome stick or another treasure they found outside and would clean it up and put it in their treasure boxes!! 




and the final result {all neatly lined up}...
So now they are all set to go, golf bags loaded, and hopefully the can go today!! But Justin has been whining...he needs a golf pass {$199.99}!! All his friends have a golf passes {all his friends have jobs}!! But I will admit a golf pass is the way to go...he pays for 10 times over during the summer and it's good to all three courses!! Don't tell him, but I'm seein' what I can do to surprise him with one on the condition he HAS to pay me back once he starts work! Jace's birthday is in a few weeks and that's what he wants! So we'll see what I can come up with!! So thankful for...1) my boys, for the most part, get along pretty good 2) Justin takes his brother with him and includes him in some of things he does or the places he goes 3) that little things like finding used golf balls and spending an hour cleaning them, can make my boys happy!!
3 comments:
Dang! We find those things all the time around our neighborhood (so glad that none of my windows are within shot of the golf course) and when the kids aren't looking, I chuck them. I don't want my son throwing them around the house. Maybe I'd better save them for your boys. I'm just glad that I don't live near where they found those balls. That is a crazy amount of golf balls.
Yeah, that was me. I hit some button and ended up posting my comment 2x.
Post a Comment