John's beard. Grown from September of '09. John loves growing a beard each fall/winter. I love it! He conditions it and brushes it religiously. He is always getting guys saying..."Whoa dude, nice beard!" or the guys out to work are always tellin' him what an "awesome beard" and they "wish they could grow one"! Now that's the guys point of view...women on the other hand are always asking me..."doesn't that bug you" or "I can't believe you let him grow that"! My only complaint is that I think it ages him! A guy out to work thought he was about 47 {he just turned 40 in January}!! So ya ready for my favorite part?
The after...
March of '10. He shaved last Tuesday while the kids were at school! I love watching the kids reaction! Reminds me of when I was a little girl and my dad would shave his beard! It was such a shock to see him with out it! It's fun to watch people as soon as they notice he has shaved! Some say..."spring must be on it's way", others grab their chins and "you shaved! Why?", and others don't realize for about 5 minutes or so till after they start talking to him and then they're like..."oh, you shaved your beard off"!! All in all it's fun! And he actually would still have it if he didn't HAVE to shave it off for respirator fitting at work!! Can't fit that respirator around all those whiskers!!
6 comments:
That is just crazy that one person can grow that much hair on their face. I found out when I went to Arizona that a mustche like that is call the Wickenbury Way (that is how a real cowboy wears them). He looks good and way young.
WOW!!! Holly cow it is just amazing what facial hair can do for a person. He looks SO much younger without it. I think that is just so much fun that he does that every year. I don't know if it would drive me nutts to kiss all of that though. I don't like it when Jas tries (and I mean tries) to grow a mustache...he says I don't ever let him grow it long enough to see if it looks good. But...I don't know if it ever would. Anyway, I love the new John! So handsome...
What a fun before and after!!!
OOOO, I LOVE before and afters too. And I bet this is your favorite. What a difference a beard can make eh'?
LOVE the after!!!
Holy Cow is right! I think I prefer the after effect. It did take 10 years off him....wish we could figure out a way to remove ten years from our faces. Love the new layout.....Shan says she's looking forward to your green dinner!
Post a Comment