Monday, May 17, 2010

PROM...

Justin went to prom!! Can't believe I just wrote those words!!! You have to be old to go to prom and your parents are even older...John and I just went to our prom last week, or so it seems, and now my first born is going to his PROM!!! And now we're the "old" parents! He went with a fun group of kids and they went to a gymnastic center in Pocatello and then for ice cream for their "day date" and then he headed home for a small nap and then started getting ready!! I was helping at a play that Hannah was in so about 6:00 I ran home to finish getting him ready! I wasn't expecting such nervousness but he was a little snippy and nervous about getting ready and leaving on time! Then on the way home I forgot to stop at the bank so luckily Grandpa Carter stopped by and had some $$! He looked so handsome! He did pause for a picture on his way to get Lindee and said he would come back with her so I could see them and get a few more pictures!
Lookin' handsome... A piece of my heart was ripped out as I watched him drive away to get his PROM date... His Uncle Mike let him take his truck. He picked it up on Friday afternoon and drove it every opportunity he got!! I was a little worried that he wouldn't bring Lindee back cause he was so snippy....but guess what??? He did!! And even let me take some pictures... and he even stuck around so grandma and Grandpa Carter could come and see him and Lindee {John was workin'}... They had dinner at Call's and had steak, shrimp, salad, funeral potatoes, and cheesecake! Then they headed to the dance! It was held at the Red Lion in Idaho Falls! They had a great night {minus the fender bender some of his friends got in after the dance}! I stayed awake until he got home...I wanted to hear all about it! He got home about 2:17 {I know...don't judge...we've had the talk about Satan bein' out after midnight lookin' to cause trouble} but by the time they got the fender bender all straightened out and made sure everyone was ok...they ended back at Kabe's for movies and more cheesecake! I would have given anything to be fly on the wall that night, to follow him around and take pictures! John told me a firm NO when I asked if he wanted to go for a ride, around 10:30, up in Idaho Falls, maybe around the river....he knew what I was gettin' at! Darn it!! I did hold the tears to a small flow! I can't wait to get their pictures back! But like I said, it seems just like yesterday we went to prom and here is my Brigham...goin' to PROM! So fun!! So thankful for...1) Grandma and Grandpa Carter slippin' the kid a little extra "dinero" 2) that I have such wonderful parents and that they live so close and share in all these moments with us and our children 3) he made it home that night safe and sound, and so did Mike's truck!!

1 comment:

Janiel said...

Gulp! I know my boy goin' off to the prom will be here WAY too fast. I would have want to drive around IF too!!!