Monday, July 12, 2010

June 15th, 2010 ~ When the waves kiss your feet and there is sand in your seat...

you know you're at the beach!! We took a break and slept in until 8! We got up and got ready to go to the BEACH!!! The OCEAN!!! Spend the whole day there!! We made a quick run to Wal-Mart for some boogie boards, sand toys, and snacks!! The we headed to Huntington Beach....one of the nicest beaches I have ever been too!!! No one wasted anytime getting into the water... We found seashells, jellyfish, buried each other, watched the waves, laughed, soaked up the sun, tried unsuccessfully to fly a kite, and built sandcastles! Blake and John were like 2 little kids in the ocean!! They would walk down the beach about a 100 yards then swim out about 50 feet and the waves would bring them right back to where we were sitting!! They did it like 20 times!! Them crazy boys... We tried to make Hannah a mermaid... Braxton and Justin built a sand castle...then ran and jumped on it... the kids LOVED the beach... I was sittin' on the beach with my sisters {Steph was there but she left for a second}... and I was watchin' John swim out in the ocean!! When all of a sudden I saw a FIN come out of the water right where he was swimmin'!!! I ran over to my dad and told him what I saw and he thought I was crazy until he saw it to a couple of seconds later!!! I was so scared it was a shark but it turned out to be a school of dolphins that was swimming along in the waves!! They would go back and forth along the shoreline!! After we snapped a "family photo"...
Huntington Beach 2010
we loaded everything in the car and walked out along the pier... then over to a farmers market they had going on! Mom and Dad bought some fresh strawberries! The kids just gobbled them up! Justin really wanted a long board and so we went to Jack's Surf Shop and found one that was "so awesome"!!! He couldn't wait to try it out... and by the trip was over we would end up with three more long boards!! By the time we got back to the motel it was dark but decided to go for a quick swim to get all the sand out of our nooks and crannies... It was an absolutely perfect day!! Made me decide that's where I want to retire and become a little old lady with wrinkly brown skin who spends every day on the beach!

No comments: