Sunday, July 18, 2010

June 17th, 2010 ~ Soak City!!

We packed up and headed down the road about 10 miles to the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel! They have a great water park that we decided to spend the day at! We couldn't check into our hotel until about 4:00 that afternoon so it would worked out perfect... this place had something for everyone!!! The most awesome lazy river about 20 feet wide and 5 miles long that wound around through the park! It took ya about 30 minutes to go all around and Halle and I did it about 6 times!!! They had a kiddie area, a tidal wave pool, water slides, a play center in the middle for older kids that dumped a HUGE bucket of water, and this... a big "toilet bowl" lookin' thing!! Ya drop about 50 feet straight down and then back and forth up the sides!!! And ya could ride up to 4 people in a tube... Tanner had a hard time cause his sunburn was really hurting and was blistering! He mostly laid in the shade with a wet towel! Poor kid was really hurting!! He did though eventually go into the wave pool...Miss Oakleigh and the kids... We could've stayed all night {that's "Ghost Rider" there in there in the background ~ the infamous wooden roller coaster}... They closed at 6:00 and I think we were the last ones to leave the park! We took everything to our hotel room, Hal and I started some laundry and when I turned around I saw this... a very tired little girl! We got ready and went to dinner at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant!! Can we say comfort food at it's best??? I didn't take a picture of our food so I googled one so you could see how yummy it was!! So good...{Yea...that's how much I love food!! I'll google it so I can get a picture to remember it's yummy goodness}!! Well like I've said at the end of every day...it was fun!!! And a good exhausting!!! When we got back to the hotel later that night I guess Justin did get a small sunburn, nothing too bad, just enough to make him ITCH like crazy!!! About 1:30 a.m. him and John walked over to Walgreen's for some benadryl and sunburn spray!!! Then he was a little better!! Next day everyone was anticipating riding the "Ghost Rider"!!! There's a story behind it!!!

No comments: