Sunday, July 25, 2010

My workin' boy...

who is quickly becoming a workin' man!! He called me the other day on his break and asked what we were doing! I told him nothing much and asked what he was doing! He was eating his lunch and was up working on the new Madison High School in Rexburg! John was home so I asked him if he wanted us to come up and see him and bring him a cold pop...he said sure...if I wanted too {meaning yea...come see me cause I want you to see me and how hard I am working and saving for that truck that I want really, REALLY, bad}!!! So we hoped in the car and went for a ride!! Now ya may be thinkin'..."wouldn't that embarrass the kid if mommy and daddy showed up to the job site"? I don't think it bothers Justin ~ he would definitely tell me! Now if we showed up to the job sight and I jump out and start takin' pictures and cryin' and huggin' him, well....then it might!! But I didn't do any of that {kinda}! We took him a pop and candy bar and I at least stayed in the car!! But I did take some pictures {from the car mind you}... I didn't get out of the car and we stayed for just a minute! We took him a cold Mountain Dew and Twix candy bar! He told us what he was doing! They are in the new auditorium making and forming with big sections of foam getting it ready for the concrete! He had to be at work at 6:00 AM last week! It's hard work but like I said he is working hard and has a goal to get him a truck! As far as the crying part...I waited until we drove away! But not before I took a few more pictures of my baby walking back to work...growing up...and getting closer to leaving his mommy...
It's all good!! They are happy tears {kinda}! He's doing what he should, works hard, and still comes and jumps on my bed at night before he goes to bed and asks him I'll buy him a truck tomorrow! We love you Justin!! So very proud of you!!

3 comments:

Mandie said...

He is a good kid. I couldn't ask for a better nephew. You should be very proud of him and the good kid his is. Tell he is favorite aunt loves him tons.

Janiel said...

Ugg! I am gonna bawl like a baby when Burkley actually "really" goes to work someday. They grow up SOOOO darn fast!!!

Colette said...

Crying right there with you, why do they have to grow up????