Well that's me!! And while I wasn't particularly fast on the slopes {or the kinda "fast" I think they are applying in the picture either} I wasn't particularly slow, but let me tell ya....we had the time of our lives!!! Let's back up a bit...Jace got a new snowboard for Christmas.....
So I had this marvelous idea that John, me, Jace, and Justin should go night snowboarding/skiing {John and I are "old school", gonna stick to ski's! Snowboarding just doesn't look that fun! And besides once ya get off that chair lift {without falling like I did EVERY TIME} you can just go! Ya have to sit down and put your binding back on}! {Oh look...I just used parenthesis inside parenthesis...can you do that? Oh well I did, I love parenthesis}!!! But I digress....John was kinda like ok whatever, she is just having one her many hairbrained ideas! Well as it got closer to the end of Christmas break I brought it up again and he started complaining about the cost and how he'd forgot and blah,blah,blah!!! But he went along with it! Him and I had to rent ski's, buy ski pants, and some gloves!!! I thought he was going to have a stroke but he was really calm and cool about the whole buying and renting part!!! We get to the hill, bought our tickets, and get all ready to go!! I wanted to start on the bunny hill ~ it's been 20 years since either of us had been ~ but the boys hauled me up to Midway!! I fell backwards getting off the lift and would proceed to the rest of the night, but the skiing part came back the minute John and I stepped on that ski hill!!! I did have to take it a little slow but I made it down without falling!!! John....well he was a different story!!! To watch him ski was like watching someone who does it everyday of their life!! He was AWESOME! {And he looked totally hot!!! I almost wanted to go tree skiing, which would've have been ok now that we're married}! The boys were in shock that their old man could ski, let alone ski really good!!! We made it down and got back on the lift and John leans over and says..."how was it?" I tell him I loved it and long story short....we are buying a family season pass next year!!!!!!!!!!!!! He didn't think he'd like it after so many years and that he might have forgotten how! But one run was all it took to remind him how fun it is!!! The next run {after I picked I managed to get off my fat ass after falling yet again} I told him and the boys to just GO and I would meet them at the bottom!! I get to the bottom and Justin is just standing there shakin' his head in disbelief!! He couldn't keep up with his dad coming down the hill {and Justin can go pretty fast}!!! Again....couldn't believe the "old man" could ski, ski good, and ski FAST!!! It was such a fun night!! My sister and her family came, Braxton, and my brother Blake!!! Mandie tried snowboarding for the first time ever and it was cold and dark and wasn't that great of time for her, she is thinking of trying ski's next time!! Like I said though it was COLD!!!!!! When we got in the car to leave it was 6 degrees and the wind was blowing at the very top so with that it ad to be at least -10!!! But on the mountain it was just calm and peaceful!!! I do have to say I didn't wreck once while I was skiing....just getting off that damn chair lift!!! I fell getting off once when I rode with Justin and his snowboard about took my head off!! Even kinda scared him cause he didn't ride with me anymore that night!!! We hope to go a few more time this year! Maybe once to Targhee! And in the daytime!! Though I do love the night skiing!! Next year we will start Hannah snowboarding and give her some lessons and then the next year we will start Hal!! Hopefully Hal will want to ski!!! The ski's her size are so cute!!! I am glad John had such a great time!!!
He was glad he had his beard!!! It kept him face pretty warm...
He was glad he had his beard!!! It kept him face pretty warm...

We didn't take alot of pictures cause the minute ya took your gloves off your hands would just freeze!!! We made some great memories that night with more to be made!!! On the way home I wondered aloud if John and I would be sore the next day, ya know cause we aren't a couple of spring chickens anymore!! But we weren't too bad!! My legs were a little sore and my back {but again, that was falling on it EVERY TIME I got off the chair lift}, but John wasn't sore at all!! We did have a hard time warming up that night! We had about 4 blankets on the bed and just huddled together!! We were chilled to the bone all night!!! The boys are still talking about it and have made us promise to take them AT LEAST one more time!!! I am thinking that's a promise we can definitely keep!!! So till next time..this "planker" is going to recall the "gnarly" time we had and being thankful I didn't do a "yard sale"! We look forward to more "hot dogging" and watchin' the "dudes" do "sick" tricks!!! {Hittin' fist on chest and then flashin' the peace sign all gangsta like}....
Peace out hommies!!!
Peace out hommies!!!





1 comment:
LOVE IT!! That is so much fun! Scott wants to start skiing with our girls too ...I figure if we start with them now they will be to young to know I suck and by the time they are old enough, I might not suck so bad!
You are such a good mom Chris!! What fun memories!
Post a Comment