Monday, March 28, 2011

Found this on the driveway....

last Sunday morning...
It was someone asking Justin to MORP! It said....
"I would say whoopee if you and your bubbly self rolled with me in your Dodge to the dance! It would be a slap in the face and crush my heart if you said no! Love her, she's a Nerd!!" It was from a cute little gal named Megan from Idaho Falls who is really good friends with Justin's good friend Lindee!!! Justin answered her back by leaving a big bag of "flour"on her kitchen counter with a poem that said the answer you seek is in the "flour"!! Then we put a teeny-tiny paper in the flower that said "oops, wrong kind of flour! Go look on your bed" and there on her bed were some Gerber daisies that had another poem that said yes! Kinda corny but oh well, trying to find a clever way to ask and answer someone can be very taxing on the brain!!! They went Saturday night! Megan picked up Justin and had a shirt for him! The dance was being held in a barn in Firth so Megan got shirts that said...."I rolled around in the hay with..." and on the back she put "Betty" on his and "J-Russ" on hers!! It was cute.....
 and the group they went with ~ from the back....
 {thank you Kade, for so very kindly placing your hand on Justin's butt cheek so as to be documented forever, and Zac, you need to pull up your pants!!!}
and the group from the front...
~ Kade, Lindee, Justin, Megan, Morgan, and Zac ~
They are a good group of kids! They went to Lindee's dads house had steak  {which was the "best steak I ever had" according to Justin along with and with all the fixin's, then to the dance ~ which Justin said was alot of fun, then went and watched movies!!! I just wish I could be a fly on the wall when he {or any of my kids for that matter} go anywhere! So I could take pictures, make sure their doing what their supposed too, in his case that night....opening doors, being a gentleman, dancing, treating his date like a princess, not being a dumb ass!! But they don't want their old mom hangin' around, "hovering"!! I'm just glad Justin let's us be as much a part of his life as he does!! He shares alot with us, likes to go places with us and do things with us, and tells us most everything {not sure if I want to know EVERYTHING he does or I'd beat his ass and never let him leave my sight}! Love the kid more than anything, but he is 17 {enter the dumb ass part ~ let me clarify, I am not calling him a dumb ass, but some of the decisions and choices he makes are dumb ass decisions and choices, and I mean dumb ass in the most loving way you could mean it}! Next dance...PROM! He hasn't decided if he's going to that one! That's an expensive one! But if he does go, we better start thinkin' of a fun way to ask her, my brain hurts just thinkin' 'bout it!!  


2 comments:

Janiel said...

WHAT FUN!!! Looks like they had tons of fun and super cute shirts. I am trying to emotionally prepare myself for when Burkley gets old enough for these sorts of things. I have a feeling its going to come at me faster than I can imagine. I too, dont want them to leave my sight. I want to know everything they are doing....at all times. By the way...I used to babysit Kade Longhurst all the time...now I feel SUPER old!!!

Carolyn said...

Sounds like tons of fun!

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas