Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Life.....

I have no pictures!! Just words!! Kinda boring with out pictures but life around here is anything but!!!
John has been busy working on the basement! Along with my awesome little brother! They don't have anything really "done" per say but the bathroom and storage room are getting close, all sheet rocked in!!! They do such great work!!! We appreciate my little brother's help!! We had a little flood in one of the bedrooms downstairs! When they turned off the water it had a old, leaky nut that leaked all night and flooded the one bedroom! Not real devastating cause we are re-doing it any way! Just a pain!  It got some stuff wet and we had to tear everything out! I love that John does home improvements around here! John does not love that he does home improvements around here! He is too much of a perfectionist and if something isn't JUST RIGHT, cut at the EXACT angle....he gets all kinds of flustered!!! Yes, it is a good quality to have, he does things nice and neat, and does them right, and it looks nice whatever he does.....but when you're dealing with an 1/8 of an inch difference......let it go man!!!!

The kids had spring break last week! And of course the weather was crappy! Most of them were sick with colds so we just hung out and didn't do much at all! We went and saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid at the movie theater but that was about as fun as it got around here!!! Jace played video games most days....moving from the couch to floor and then back to the couch!!! Has to switch it up so his butt won't go totally numb! The girls played together and tried to clean their room!!! Justin made the golf team again this year so he spent alot time practicing when the weather would cooperate!!!

Justin had an adventure during spring break!!! He and 5 friends went to town one night to "cruise", being the good boys {except for Aaron hanging out the window}! It started with him being  followed by a probation officer {who was like 22} down 17th street who thought he was drunk!! He was slowing down {thought they saw a car full of hot girls}, then speeding up {turned out it was a car full of Hispanics}, throwing stuff out the window {sunflower seeds}, weaving in and out of traffic {passing cars going down 17th}, and driving over curbs {over on the round about by Taylor's Crossing where everyone drives on the curb cause of the potholes}! But the probation officer had no radar gun so he called 2 Idaho Falls cops and a Idaho State policeman ~ for BACKUP! He thought he had caught a live one!! Little did he know it was just 5 Mormon boys out on the town! The one IF officer was a real ass to all the boys, really harassing them and being ignorant! He made Justin walk the line and then Justin was so scared he started crying the he thought Justin was high cause his eyes were "glazed over"! He was throwin' cuss words around and tellin' the boys that one of them should really die tonight in an accident so they could all learn a lesson!! He gave Justin a bad time about out drivin' "daddy's truck" and when Justin said it was his he said "oh, so daddy's paying for it"? Really?? He was a real ass!! But I told Justin he's in a big, loud truck, with a bunch of teenagers....it's like screaming for attention from the cops! But they were being good {except for Aaron hanging out the window}!!! But before I know all this I got a call at 10:45 at night from a State Policeman explaining all they were doing. He wasn't a big jerk like the other officer! They couldn't even give Justin a ticket cause he really wasn't doing anything wrong {though they did get him for not wearing a seat belt}! So when I got the call I was livid!!! Damn kid, riding around being a dumb ass in that big truck!! The State Policeman said he was calling cause he knew calling the mom and dad would be much more devastating than a ticket! Oh how right he was! He asked if I would like him to wait there until John and I got there and I said yes! John and I head up there, plan on getting his friends back to where they need to be, and then bringing Justin AND his truck home!!! Well we pull up to Wal-Mart and I was so mad!!! So mad cause I didn't bring my camera!!!!!!! John and I start laughing!!! There in the Wal-mart parking lot is Justin's truck and surrounding it is TWO City of Idaho Falls cops, TWO undercover cop cars, and a State Police car all with their flashing lights on, and all of their spotlights on his truck!!! You would've thought something big was going down! And they sat there for the whole 20 minutes it took us to get there!!! Poor kids!!! It was a sight I wish I would have captured!!! I am still pretty upset at this point cause I hadn't gotten the rest of the story so I get in the truck, all calm and cool, and ask where I needed to take everyone so they could get home!!! All of a sudden Zac pipes up from the back..."We were just..." and I turn and just say...."Zac!" and make a motion with my hand to like "shut your mouth"!!! He tries to talk again and I shut hm down again!!! Not meanly, just matter of factly!!! Well it was a LOOOOOONG 15 minute ride in silence with 5 boys just wondering what this pissed off mama was going to do and say! But I didn't say anything! When we got to Cory's Justin finally asked if he could just please explain!! And then it was like a damn broke and all of them started talking at once trying to tell me what happened!!! It was a good conversation, no yelling, and I was able to tell them what cop magnets they are, again big loud truck, teenage boys, {Aaron hanging out the window}, and how I just don't want anything to happen to them, how everything they do now can affect their future, and how it breaks his dad's and my heart {had to throw a little drama in there} when he doesn't mind! It turned out ok, we talked about 45 minutes and I felt they were telling the truth ~ hence the not getting a ticket cause they really couldn't pin anything on him! I believe it was a case of an over excited {and very young} probation officer! And I am irritated about how the one IF officer treated them all! Though I did tell Justin that most people they pick up are punks and are drunk and obnoxious!!! Justin said that to have the cop call his dad and I and the ride to Cory's was scarier than being pulled over! He ended being able to go and watch a movie at Cory's! Though I did bring his truck home! It was one of those nights I crawled into bed hoping I did the right thing! I trust Justin {as much as you can trust a 17 year old boy} and he is a good kid!!! A dumb ass at times, but a good great kid! I just wish I would've had my camera!!!! It was truly one of those priceless moments that ya had to see to believe!!! I know his dad and I will never forget seeing it when we pulled up there!!! And neither will Justin or his friends!

I am going to start spring cleaning when John goes back to work Thursday! Well maybe Friday! Thursday is pretty busy! It's so much easier to turn up the radio and just clean when no one is home! We all can't wait for summer!!! Though I do enjoy the rain and a good thunderstorm...just not for days on end!!! I need some sun soon!


I really want to go back here..... 
 and spend the day with these guys....
doing this all day....






{big sigh}

 I really, really wanna be on a beach right now!!! I am going to retire to the beach and be a wrinkly, brown, little old lady and spend my days walking, reading, sunning, people watching, and sipping smoothies on the beach....all with my better half who will be brown and wrinkly too!!! Though he'll probably be body surfing, reading, bikini watching, and sleeping.....all on the beach in the warm sunshine!!

I guess I did add some pictures! Wasn't planning on it
 but I'm crazy like that and like to mix it up!!! This will be the craziest thing I do all day!


So thankful for....1) everything turned out like it did with Justin and they learned a lesson that night {I think, I hope} 2) John has been working so hard in the basement, still have alot left to do but we are getting there 3) 35 days of school left ~ I am so excited to have the kids out for the summer   

1 comment:

Janiel said...

Uggg! I know your pain with the whole over-excited cop thing. We've had a similar incident happen to us and its very frustrating. Its hard because cops are "the law" but we have to remember they are human too and make mistakes and sometimes they get a little too zealous. Sorry you had to go through it all...but what a GREAT story to tell years from now!!!