On June 7th, 2011 John's dad, Bruce Marion Russell,
passed away at the age of 82!
It was somewhat unexpected and a blessing at the same time that he did not have to suffer long!
The funeral was held June 10th, 2011! It was a beautiful funeral and I wished I would have taken my camera!
John had the privilege to say the family prayer, Justin said the opening prayer, John's sister's Connie & Natalie did a beautiful life sketch, John's brother's Richard & Neil both talked and did wonderful! All the grand kids sang "I am a Child of God" and Nicole sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and it was just beautiful! Tears were shed, memories and stories were shared, and even a few chuckles! We then moved to the cemetery for the burial where Justin and Jace along with Taylor and all of Bruce's grandson-in-laws, were pallbearers! It was just as wonderful there too! They had military rights and a 21 gun salute because Bruce had served in the Navy, Sherelle, her kids, and Shelby played....something Bruce loved to listen too {the photos below are from John's sweet niece....Sherelle}.....
We miss Bruce....John misses his dad, I miss a wonderful father-in-law, and the kids miss their grandpa! Toward the end we knew Bruce's time on this earth wasn't going to last long, he had been diagnosed with stomach cancer but when we got the call early one the morning, just a few short days after his diagnosis that he had passed away, it was a complete shock! We did not expect him to go that fast! But it was truly a blessing because he was in alot of pain and was suffering greatly! You are never prepared to lose a parent so we are all still getting used to Bruce being gone! I don't know if it actually feels real, just likes he's on a really long camping trip or drive, both of which he loved to go and do!! Here are a few pictures if Bruce...
He was a great man, raised and loved great kids, and loved his wife dearly!! We miss and love you dad!!!






















1 comment:
Super post. These pics will be great to have in your blog book!
Post a Comment