Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Spud Harvest ~ 2011

The boys are workin' in the spuds!! This is the first year for both of them!! They were lucky enough to get a job workin' for Kirklin Oler {who by the way owns and trains a falcon, has a real salt water fish tank he made himself, and has an awesomely rad wife who does way rad things herself....how cool is that}? They started last Wednesday and have been working from 7 in the morning to about 9:30 at night, everyday but Sunday and except for the nights they have football! They come home very dirty, stinky, and completely worn out but they both are loving it and I haven't had to get them out of bed to go to work once!!! It's been a world rocker for Jace!! It's has been the longest and hardest days he's worked in his entire life!! Was a little slow at first but I think he's pickin' up the pace and he's even ready to go to work before Justin....which if ya know Jace, is HUGE!!! Justin drives the potato truck, drives the tractor, welds, fixes things, and does whatever they need him too!! I filled in for him one day....which I wasn't really no use to anybody cause I couldn't do what he does, but long story short......I lasted 3 whole hours pickin' through the spuds on the sorter!!! I got motion sickness BAD!!! And yes I tend to exaggerate....but it was BAD!!! Never thought that could happen but it did!!! Mom and I drove out to the cellar where they were this morning and got a few more pictures...



 He spots us!!!




Couldn't find Jace for a long time!! Thought he was hidin' out so I wouldn't take his picture but then low and behold guess who pops around the corner pushin' the wheel barrow....



 Jace spotted us too!!! And Justin is smirkin'..............

Justin parked the tractor and then went and ran somewhere for someone for something.....




And Jace came out with another wheel barrow load...




Proud of these kids!!Thankful they found a job! And glad they don't throw a fit when I park across the road and take pictures!!! Love you boys!!!

1 comment:

Salty Gal said...

I'm so proud of you going out to take pics!! Sorry my efforts were failed, but we are happy to have your boys on board!