I really don't know how I found out about this 5K but when I saw it I just knew we had to do it!! This was no ordinary 5K!!! I called my sisters and we all signed up!! I took Justin and Jace, Mandie took Austen and Tanner, Steph, and our cousin Shayna signed up with us!! Our team name was "FAMILY TIES" {I couldn't think of something cute and sassy so that was the first thing that popped into my head}!! Our adventure began Friday! We left at 2:00 and got into Ogden about 4:00 to pick our race packets....
We were all famished {the boys mostly cause they hadn't eaten for 2 hours} so we headed to the Brick Oven for some yummy pizza....
Boys and their "Brown Cows" {like a root beer float}...
Then back to the hotel for some swimming....
We finally settled down to get some rest for race day!!! We woke up about 7:00 and went and had some breakfast, then headed over to were the race was!! Now I said before this was no ordinary 5K, this one was called "Color Me Rad" and at different checkpoints along the course they blast you with colored powder and you run by!! Each station is a different color! Then at the end you're blasted again! Then when you're finished at the finish line they have a big color war every 25 minutes!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!! So much fun I am taking John and the girls next year!!!! Anyway on to the race....
The boys ~ Jace, Austen, Tanner, Justin....
The back of our shirts, "FT" for "Family Ties", Justin did the graffiti "FT".....
Mandie and her boys.....
and the back....
Me and my boys....
And from the back....
Steph....
and the back again....
my cousin Shayna who joined us....
the girls....
our group.....
It was an absolutely gorgeous morning which turned into a gorgeous day!!
We had a few minutes to wait around so I took some more pictures...
my white shoes {and legs}...
we were all so clean...
the race is about to start so I put my camera in Steph's car!!! But one 5K later,
this is the result......
{we're in that mess of color somewhere}....

The boys ~ Jace, Austen, Tanner, Justin....
The back of our shirts, "FT" for "Family Ties", Justin did the graffiti "FT".....
Mandie and her boys.....
and the back....
Me and my boys....
And from the back....
Steph....
and the back again....
my cousin Shayna who joined us....
the girls....
our group.....
It was an absolutely gorgeous morning which turned into a gorgeous day!!
We had a few minutes to wait around so I took some more pictures...
my white shoes {and legs}...
we were all so clean...
the race is about to start so I put my camera in Steph's car!!! But one 5K later,
this is the result......
{we're in that mess of color somewhere}....
Mom and dad met us there after the race and drove Steph's car back to the motel! It was just a hop, skip, jump, and a mad dash across the freeway.....away so we ran back!!! I think we had over 400 hundred pictures but ya get the point!! We were covered!! To the skin!! I ran by one color "bomber" and he drenched the back of me with blue liquid!! They had colored powder they would bomb you with but they also had these giant weed sprayer things they would spray you with that has liqiuid color in them!! And it was cold too!! But after hanging out for a while longer we cleaned up and headed to In-n-Out Burger for some yummmy grub.....
It seriously was a great time!! I had blue hair for a few days and it took a while for the some of the color to come off!! John got most of it off my neck {using some bleach, cause even after I showered twice it still wouldn't come off} and we had church the next day and my whole neck was blue!! It looked like a super bad tattoo!! So till next year....I've got about 343 days to talk John into it cause the girls can't wait!! John.....still isn't sure about running a race and being bombed with powder!!! But once he's there he is going to LOVE IT!!! I just know it!!!
3 comments:
Agreed...best race ever. Thanks for letting me join your team. LOVED IT. LOVE YOU
It looks way fun! I want to come next year.....don't forget about me!!!
HOW FUN!!! One way to cover up those white legs huh! I've seriously been away from blog land for FOREVER!! Looks like you've been up to some fun things, I hope that life is good!!
Post a Comment