Thursday, August 2, 2012

Family Camping Trip ~ Warm River 2012

We have drivin' by Warm River for years, always stoppin' and feeding the fish and seeing that cute little campground!! Well this year I decided we needed to go camping there!! So we packed everything up and headed that way....



We got to camp and started setting up!! We got there later in the afternoon so we just had time to set up, have something quick to eat and go for a little walk to check things out...


 We came back and John built a fire and we sat around it as a family ~ one of my most favorite things to do ever....

We headed to bed, boys in one tent, girls in the other!!
 Quick story......Halle is EXTREMELY claustrophobic!!! EXTREMELY!! So we crawl in our tent and John had staked it a little tight and I couldn't get the zipper done up!! Well I just yell John's name so he can come help me close it and Halle FREAKS OUT!!!! She starts screaming "JOHN, JOHN!!!! We can't get out, help us" and so on!!!! I was laughing so hard I couldn't tell her why I was calling her dad over {insert bad mom award here}!! She was grasping at me and the tent and just screaming!!! John comes over and asks what the hell is going on and by then I had calmed down enough and explained to everyone why I needed him!! It took a while to calm her down!! She slept right on me and we had to keep checking the zipper about a thousand times!! But by the second and third night she had relaxed a little......only had to check the zipper a couple of hundred times bless her little heart!!
The next morning we woke up and fixed pancakes, bacon, and juice!! Can I seriously just say everything tastes beeter when cooked in the mountains!! It was cloudy, overcast, and rainy on Wednesday so we packed up and went for a ride...




Our little camp spot from up above...

The boys fished...

We painted rocks, colored, went for walks, sat around the fire, and just relaxed....

Mom & Dad were up camping at McCrea's Bridge so we went and had lunch with them and visited for a while...

We made smores....

And our most favorite thing to do was to float the river!! The girls LOVED it and spent most of the day floating!! They would walk up along the bank, get in, and float down over and over and over again all day...

Dad wouldn't float but we did get him to take his shoes off and soak his piggies in the water!! And he did a great job blowing up and keeping air in the tubes...



Even the pups had to get in and cool off...


And I couldn't stand it anymore! The water looked too refreshing and too inviting to not go so I grabbed a tube and joined the kiddos...









I was a little apprehensive after my near death experience on the raging river of death {a.k.a Lava} but it was so fun and I even it my bum on a rock at one point cause the river was so shallow!!

Some other things to remember that I didn't get pictures of ~
* camping next to Jesus {I know that might be sacrilegious but the day we got there Halle said "look there's Jesus", he really did look like Jesus} and his family
* Rachael {Jesus's daughter} coming over to visit and running around all day carrying a dead fish
* the skunks and fox visiting us every night while we sat around the campfire and Hannah totally freaking out about it
* camping next to a girls camp ~ which turned out great cause they brought over some ice cream the night we cooked cobbler, worked out perfect
*laying in the tent with the girls listening to John tell the boys to quit wearing his socks cause they have stinky feet and they make his socks stink
*putting our pop and water in the river to get and keep cold
*Justin helping stock the river with feeder fish
*the ornery camp hosts
*Halle washing her hands every 5 minutes cause she was obsessed with the soap on the rope {soap in a nylon} the girls at girls camp tied on the water spicket
*the yummy meals ~ remember everything tastes better in the mountains

It was seriously the best time!! Love my little family!!

No comments: