On Tuesday I came home from work and there was message on the machine
{not quoted word for word but enough to get the picture}....
"Hello Elder Russell. This is Pres. Browning. I would like to talk to you about your availability date to enter the MTC. Please call me at ***-****. Thank you!"
There were a few other words but the message sent me into a tail-spin.....what could that message mean? I started bawling....I knew what it meant in my heart! I sent Justin a text with the info. and he called me back saying they want him to report to the MTC February 27th instead of April 10th!!
WHAT???
Pres. Browning has a son going to the same mission, Calgary Canada. They have had some serious health issues affects several members of their family and their son has not had the chance to get ready. He was talking to Salt Lake about all this and it basically evolved into another missionary from their stake {Justin} was leaving April 10th {backup to this past Sunday....Justin walked into church with Pres. Browning and he asked if he getting already? Justin said "yep, I have my passport and I'm ready"} so I think with Pres. Browning hearing that knew Justin was ready it just all worked out! He told Justin to go home and talk to his family and call him tomorrow! Justin called Pres. Browning this morning and said he would be glad to go February 27th!
34 days from now!
Is Justin ready? Yes he is!
Am I?
I can't even answer that cause its a answer full of sooooo many emotions!
But we do have a lot to do!! A lot of fun, new, memory making things to do!!!
He we go......
I am going to do this with my hand tightly grasped to John's, my arms and face snuggled tightly around Justin as much as possible, and my heart and a prayer constantly with my Heavenly Father......
1 comment:
Hi! Not sure how I even got here to your blog. I was just blog hopping. Don't do that often. lol. But it looks like this was meant to be! I am SOooo excited for your family and especially your son. I know he will love the Canada Calgary mission. Not sure where you are from, but we live here right in Calgary! East Stake.
Our oldest son just returned from his mission in June from the Canada Halifax mission and our second son just left before Christmas for the California Ventura mission. Our third son will be putting in his papers 11 months from now. So I totally understand how you must be feeling. If you don't mind.....I would like to keep up with your son's mission blog.
You can contact me if you so choose at:
crapo(at)shaw(dot)ca
All the best to your missionary boy. What a blessing to your entire family!
Post a Comment