I can't believe my youngest baby boy is 16!!! It was a low key birthday!! he's kinda a low key kinda kid!! His brother sent him a package and he opened that the night before his birthday...
He sent him $10, a "sick" Oakley belt buckle and a really nice card that talked about dating and the responsibility that comes with that! Respecting girls and treating them right in all he does!! He filled the whole left side of the card and half of the other! The pink note said, "Happy Birthday! Snap this bad boy on your belt and go kill it on the golf course"!! And would ya believe that was the one and only picture I took of the kids birthday!! We went to Olive Garden as a family the night of his birthday and then went shopping!! He wanted a GoPro Hero3! They are expensive!! But he paid half and he has been having a blast making videos!! It is a really cool little {I emphasize little} gadget!! He's excited to take it hunting and on his summer adventures ! He's going to wear it zip lining when they go for their day date for prom!! I also had a guy that was going to the Master's pick up him and Elder Russell a few things!! I didn't think he would get so excited about it but he thought it was really cool...
But I just love the kid!! I remember when he was born! The nurse walked in and said, "I've tried everything to get his hair to lay down" and as she placed him in my arms, I saw the softest, fluffiest, beautiful, strawberry blonde hair on my little guy!! Sticking straight up like a new born baby chick!! I remember just rubbing my cheek on his little head cause his hair was so soft {he still has super soft hair, feel it one time and you'll agree, except he usually has hair goop on it} but more than his hair, he has a soft, caring heart, a love of video games, golf, basketball, hunting, trucks, fun, family, and friends!! He can be as stubborn as a bull moose and as ornery as a nest if hornets, but his laugh makes you smile, his hugs make you feel short, and his words and kindness, though sometimes hidden by shyness, makes you want to be a better person!! I am blessed and honored to be this kids mama!! Love you sweet boy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment