Monday, April 8, 2013

This is on it's way to Elder Russell......



via a very sweet lady I met on a Facebook page called Alberta-Utah Express {a page where people get rides coming and going to Canada}!!! She was coming down to go to conference with some friends and is taking this package back to Elder Russell, cause it would cost a fortune to send all this!!!!! I am so excited!!! You may be asking "does Elder Russell not have access to any stores in Calgary"?? Why sure he does!!! But what he buys there is not bought with love from his mama!!! And I just wanted to send him a few essentials and stock up on a few things!!! And because I miss him, mostly because I miss him!!! Now you may be asking yourself, "is all that really necessary"? Well of course not!!! Elder Russell is doing wonderful, is eating very well {thanks to the wonderful members in Calgary}, he doesn't stink, and he has clean clothes!!! I guess I sent it more for me!! I am a helicopter, overly neurotic mom {I am trying to overcome this but there are no help groups or medication that I know of so it's a very slow process}!!! I guess this is my way of dealing with him being gone!! My brother-in-law says by this time next year I won't be this enthusiastic about all this!!! He may be right!!! But I highly doubt it!!! ;) Does he not know me??? 

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Amen to all that you just said!!!

I send food down to California to our missionary boy too. Most say to me....why don't you just send the money? It would be cheaper. I KNOW!!!! That is for sure. But it's not as SPECIAL as getting a package of hand picked items from his mamma.

So I KNOW exactly what you mean. Love it! And what a great idea about this Alberta-Utah Express. I never heard of it before. I will have to check it out. I really could use that. My sister lives down there in Utah and I have things we can't buy up here, sent to her house all the time....especially when American companies have free shipping all the time. Then when someone goes down there, we have them pick up all the stuff I ordered from my sister's house for me and bring it back home. ; )

So thanks for the tip!