On May 4th, we had the most awesome opportunity to meet the ward mission leaders in the ward where Elder Russell is serving! They came down to visit family around this area and let me tell you.....I was beyond excited!!! They brought a package from Elder Russell filled with goodies and some other fun stuff.!! A few days before it was time for them to head back we took them to lunch!! We invited mom and dad to come along and it was seriously so great!! I had the chance to ask and talk about Elder Russell a little bit!! They assured us he was doing great!! Kept a clean apartment, was very helpful and kind, kept his hair cut and was cutting the other missionaries hair too, and they loved having them in their home!! Sis. Zaugg also added that he loves his mashed potatoes and gravy!!! We also got to know them a little bit! What an amazing couple!! They serve as the ward mission leaders in Calgary!! So many neat stories! I could have listened to them forever!!! But we didn't want to keep them from their family too long!! But I appreciate them taking a few hours and sharing it with us!! It was so comforting to be with someone that has been and was going to go and see Elder Russell again!!! We had about four packages from missionaries serving up in Canada that either mailed packages to our home or I met one mom, to be sent back with the Zaugg's!! They sure had a car load!! But were more than happy to take them back!! We also sent some potatoes back with them to give to Elder Russell and some for them too!!!
{John's hiding his ice cream cone behind his back, why I don't know}
Elder Russell had a list that was in his package he sent with them...
and for Bro. & Sis. Zaugg....
I did forget to send his glasses though!! Ooops! I also packed a little treat bag for the Zauggs!!! I was so appreciative of them!!! It was a great afternoon!! And a big thanks to my mom and dad who bought lunch and was so great to have there and share that time with them!!
{John's hiding his ice cream cone behind his back, why I don't know}
Elder Russell had a list that was in his package he sent with them...
1. Lays sunflower seeds from Exxon the green bag! Like 6 of the .99 bags
2.My purple Von Zipper glasses from home.
3.one bottle of toothpaste
4.one bottle of body wash
5.some Ramen noodles like 5 packages of the chicken kind
6.some kit-kats, 4 of those
7.few boxes of mac-n-cheese
8.a notebook
9.bottle of Ibuprofen
10. three cans of Heinz original chili
11. 2 boxes of Oreo's
12. your bread recipe and roll recipe
13. your chocolate chip cookie recipe
14. your puff pastry-my favorite desert recipe
15. Oreo Truffle Recipe
16. some funny Ramen noddle recipes
17. any other recipes would be awesome.
type them up so I can put them in my binder thanks love you!!!!!!!!!
I did my best to comply! I thought it was cute he asked for recipes!! An I may have added a few extra things, I loved the conference talks this year so I copied a few of them and a printable he could put on his wall or in his binder {and I know I over do it a tad bit on the packaging but it's SO fun}...
I did my best to comply! I thought it was cute he asked for recipes!! An I may have added a few extra things, I loved the conference talks this year so I copied a few of them and a printable he could put on his wall or in his binder {and I know I over do it a tad bit on the packaging but it's SO fun}...
and for Bro. & Sis. Zaugg....
I did forget to send his glasses though!! Ooops! I also packed a little treat bag for the Zauggs!!! I was so appreciative of them!!! It was a great afternoon!! And a big thanks to my mom and dad who bought lunch and was so great to have there and share that time with them!!
1 comment:
Yup! That's the Zaugg's! That is so cool how small a world this is. ; )
Post a Comment