Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to...

my mom. Today is her birthday!! What a great lady she is. She has taught her children so much and has done so much for us through out all of our lives and continues to do so. Just a few things about mom...
1) She makes the best homemade bread ever.
2) She crochets these beautiful baby blankets. She has made one for all our kids to be blessed in on their blessing day and crochets one for every one she knows who is having a baby. (And has worn out her shoulder, her rotator cuff, and needs surgery to fix it from all the crocheting.).
3) Her favorite shoes are Birkenstock or Crocs. She has brown, blue, and black of each kind and she wears them all year long, even in the winter.
4) She loves pins to wear on her shirts and sweaters and has one that says "#1 Grandma".
5) She has been know to make some of her earrings from buttons. She has my dad glue on earring backs to buttons. (She has a nickel allergy so some earrings bother her ears).
6) She loves bracelets. Ones in gold or diamonds.
7) She loves to vacuum and has worn out over 20 vacuums in her lifetime.
8) She's allergic to Keflex- an antibiotic.
9) She has been a pre-school teacher for over 25 years and still teaches and she loves it.
10) She has an obsession with all things to be clean and in their place.
She is by far the best daughter, sister, wife, mother, aunt, grandmother, and best friend and I love her so much and am so thankful for all she has taught me. She showed and taught me how to be a good mom and wife. I can talk to her about anything and she is always there for John, me and our little family. I will never be able to express in words how much I love her. Happy Birthday Mom!!!!




(Note to self - have GOT to get some more pictures of mom. I didn't have very many. New goal this year...more pictures of mom, even though she hates having her picture taken !!)And yes Steph, I stole this picture from your blog. Thanks.

No comments: