after trying my adult/married life, I MADE BREAD. And it actually turned out. It rose(I usually kill the yeast), its light and fluffy inside(once it was as hard and dense as a brick), and it taste sweet and airy(once it tasted like a big loaf of baked flour). I finally found a recipe that's pretty east to do. My mom has tried to teach me for years. She is an excellent bread maker, but she's one that says "add a little this, then do that", she's been doing it so long she has it down to a science, but I could never get it. Well with this recipe I did. It's called Amish White bread. There's just yeast, sugar, oil, salt, water, and flour. I am so excited. I hope to make it once a week. The kids just gobble it up. They love toasted homemade bread with homemade freezer jam. So...YEA!! To some it it's no big whoop, but like I said I have been trying forever to get this right. It's just something I always wanted to be able to make for my family. I remember when I was growing up and waking up or coming home from school to the smell of homemade bread. Something I want my kids to make a memory of too.
It's a little lopsided, but still yummy, especially when warm and the butter kinda melts....
In other happenings, today was a beautiful day. We bought a weed eater and John mowed the lawn. The kids played outside and ran around without their shoes, which drives me absolutely crazy. I hate dirty feet. But it's that time of year where it's time to take daily baths. In the winter we usually get away every couple days, but once it warms up outside, it's every night. They're covered in dirt, grass, popsicle mustaches, sunscreen, sweat, mud under the fingernails, and toe jam. But it's kind of fun to see them go from dirty little rag muffins to sparkling little angels. I love to smother my girls in baby lotion and comb out their hair when it's wet. Halle thinks her hair is so long when it's wet and combed out straight. I am going to close each post with three things I am thankful for, though there are many...I am going to name at least three each time..... 1) color - I noticed on the way home from Idaho Falls today the color of the dirt in the fields. It was a really warm pretty brown and I thought to myself how wonderful it is to have color and how beautiful things are when we take the time to really look around, how blue the sky can be, or the whiteness of the fluffy clouds. 2) I finally made bread, and it was good. 3) a clean house to wake up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment