Thursday, May 8, 2008

Some randomness and baseball...

are what it's about today. I read the magazine Quick & Simple and they are having a contest for the cutest homemade Halloween costumes. So I rounded up the two that we did for Justin and Halle. Justin was about 7 years old and we made him a "MUMMY". I went to a hotel and asked for some old sheets they no longer needed and they gave me about a dozen. We ripped them into strips. I had him wear white long johns, cause Halloween is not the warmest holiday around here, but that year it was. Anyway, we wrapped him up and secured the ends with safety pins and added some make-up. It was hilarious. He loved it and had a ton of fun. (And yes, mummy's do wear tennis shoes!!)
The next one is of Halle when she was 1. She went as "MINNIE MOUSE". I had bought the jumper at a garage sale earlier that summer, put on some Minnie ears and again for warmth, added a black headband, black turtle neck and tights, some red sparkle shoes and there ya go a mini "MINNIE". So we'll see what happens. I think it said all entries by May 19th and winner announced around June something. You win a $800.00 shopping spree to Zutano Boutique for kids and a gift basket of Gerda Splillman Swiss Skin Care products for $240.00..ohhhh hope I win !! We went to Justin's game Tuesday. Both boys play on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00, so we have to split our time between them. Justin played great. He plays 1st base and gets alot of outs. He hit a double and ran two people in. He has to have his sunflower seeds in his back pocket (notice in second picture on his lower left bum cheek, those are a pocketfull of seeds) and he goes thru about a bag a game. My camera battery went dead so I was only able to snap a few pics. I love my boys...they're growing up, getting tall, and I love to see both of them walking along in their uniforms with their baseball bags on their backs, they're good friends and brothers and I hope they always take care of each other. So proud of you Justin. You are a great young man and dad and I are so proud of the choices you make and the example you are to others.



We have more games tonight. John went back to work so he works Thursday thru Sunday - yes he works Mother's day :( but the kids are always so good. So thankful for... 1) being able to stay home with my children 2) a husband who works so very hard and sacrifices sooo much so I am able to stay home 3) my kids, who I love sooo much.

No comments: