THURSDAY - the boys had games. We went to Justin's and he did great. He had a beautiful hit, a double, and ran 2 in.
While we were at Justin's game, we got a call from a mom at Jace's game (the boys games are on the same nights so we split and go to one on Tuesday and the other on Thursday) saying he hit a home run. YEA!! So we snapped a couple of pics of Jace with his home run ball.
Way to go boys! We love you and are so proud of you!!
FRIDAY - Mom took her pre-school on a field trip to the sand dunes south of IF. It was alot of fun, a little windy but fun.They played in the sand and had a picnic. I think we are going to try to go out there a couple times this summer. It felt good to take your shoes off and run around in the sand.
SATURDAY - ran around and gathered stuff for Spring Fling, did bills, and some laundry, got Jake's birthday present and a few groceries.
SUNDAY - went to church (missed sacrament), came home had some lunch and did more Spring Fling stuff. We then headed to Tauphtus Park for Jake's birthday He turned 1!!I can't believe it, seems just like yesterday Steph, mom, and I were at the hospital when he was born. Mike was nice enough to let us share with him and Mandie when Jake was born and we were able to be in the room with them and help. It always such an emotional moment when a baby is born and each of us sisters have been there for each other when we deliver our babies, to help push or encourage or to snap some pictures of those first few moments of a new life. And of course we ALWAYS want our mom and dad there. Dad always waits anxiously right outside the door and mom is always by our sides. And our husbands, again, are so great to let everyone share and be a part of it all. But, back to Jake's birthday. We had dinner at the park and cake and ice cream. Mike's family was there too.
I tried to snap a few pics of Jakers rolls, I love 'em...
Grandma and Grandpa Carter...
Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore...
A few tidbits about Jake...
1) He weighs 32+ lbs.
2) His farts sounds just like a grown mans.
( I think he gets this from his dad)
3) He is off the bottle.
4) He has 6 teeth.
5) He LOVES balls of all shapes and sizes.
6) If your eating something he wants it now!
7) He's easily startled.
8) He has the cutest pout lip you've ever seen.
9) He still has his pluggie that he always lose. Mandie and Mike are always sayin, "where's Jakes plug".
10) We love him so very much.
MONDAY - Spring Fling and moms pre-school graduation - yes, mom finally graduated pre-school - just kidding - HA! HA! HA! I so wanted to take pictures but forgot my camera. I got quit a bit of sun and you know where it hurts most, on top of my head where my part is. It is so tender. Anyway it went off without a hitch. We had 8 stations... 1) snow cones 2) those blow up fun-jumps, 2 of those 3) tug-of-war 4) gunny sack relay 5) volleyball with a huge ball 6) radar ball - the kids threw ball at a big police radar and we clocked their times 7) British bulldog 8) two headed relay. It was fun and the kids favorites were the snow cones and the fun jumps. John took the day off to help me haul everything and set-up. I appreciate him so much. He is always there for me. I could not do half of what I do without him. I bark orders at him and he does it without hesitation. And hauls all my heavy stuff and does all my running. I love him so very much and am so blessed he's my husband and best friend. Justin also was a big help. He took the day of of school and the principal called in an excused absence for him too. Which I thought was nice. (He used to be Justin's principal at the middle school before he went to Stuart last year). His favorite thing to do was DRIVE to the other side of the building to get ice and water bottles. Yes, DRIVE, he couldn't have walked thru the school, he drove a whole 100 ft. Crazy kid!! I appreciated his help too. He actually helped run a few station and didn't goof. And the weather was great !!! We then cleaned everything up and went home and took a little rest. At 6:00 I headed over to help at mom's pre-school graduation. She does such a great job. Again, forgot my camera, but here's a few pictures of her classes and what they wore for their graduation. Steph, Shannon, Mandie, Grandma Fillmore, and me were there to help her. Good job Shannon on walking those kiddos out :)
TUESDAY...catch up day. Went to Jace's game had a rain delay and they tied. Justin's team lost. Packed lunches for 3 field trips. Went to bed early.
WEDNESDAY... And that brings us to today went to the doctor have sinus infection - UGH!! Hannah and the boys have practice. Justin has 8th grade graduation tonight and tomorrow is the last day of school !! Let the fun begin and the grocery bill triple !! So thankful for... 1) John, I love him more than words can say 2)my family 3) diet Pepsi, love my diet Pepsi ;)
3 comments:
It is a little yugly outside today....a perfect day to read a good book, because we can't go outside and do that dreaded yard work.
I had to come back & finish reading your post. WOW...you have been very very busy. It made me exhausted just reading all about it. Your Mom has been so wonderful to keep me updated on things. You guys are all extremely talented...I hope you get a well deserved break very soon....both you & your mom!
You make me want to climb into bed and catch up on your sleep for you! You are a very busy woman...way to accomplish so much! I am so glad the party was so fun...he is adorable. I just love, love, love the fat rolls. They make me happy! Hopefully your weekend will be full of fun, and rest!!!
Post a Comment