Tuesday, July 29, 2008
My oldest son still...
has no lack of imagination...especially when he's bored. I made him stay home today and went out to the backyard and found him doing this..

He was golfing and had made his own golf green out of the pad that goes around the trampoline and shovel handle!! I love it!! He does though lack somewhat in the area of fashion...

blue shirt, red basketball shorts, and MY pink air walks!! He wears my pink shoes everywhere!! Jace wears my pink and yellow ones. They each have a pair of their own, but apparently mom's are easier to slip on! It's summer...who cares!! I love this kid more than he will ever know! He was my first born and my "firsts" of everything as a parent. I love that he lets his dad and I enjoy these years with him, he still talks to us about what is going on in his life, who likes who, who he likes. He'll come jump in between us when we're in bed and tells us he loves us. I hope that continues. I remember when he was little he idolized his dad and he still does. He's almost as tall as John and is taller than me! I love that he still let's me give him hugs...ever since his friend passed away the way he did, I feel such a need to tell Justin how much I love him more often and not just assuming he knows!! I have to tell him how proud we are of him instead of assuming he knows!! I kinda nag John to go hug him more, be just a little more patient when Justin pushes his buttons...I don't know, it's just going way too fast!!
So I'm buckling my seat belt and enjoying the ride...especially since he starts driving soon...AHHHHH! Wish us luck!!!! Oh and guess what I woke up with this morning? HIVES!! Yea..no idea where they came from. I gonna blame it on stress! So now am I not only "bitchy"...I'm "itchy" too!! "Bitchy and itchy"... sounds like characters from a wacky cartoon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I remember when I was getting ready to go on my mission Justin was only like 2 years old. He gave me a picture of him and told me to never forget him. To this day I have never forgot that or him. He is a great kid!!!
That stinks that you have hives!! I have never gotten hives before!!
You have to love that kid. He is always bringing some laughter in the family. I love him and am so proud of the person that he has grown to be. Just think in couple of years he will be out serving the Lord. That is crazy. I have to agree about the driving scary we will have to put a warning out when he leaves the house in a car.
I love the pink shoes! At least he is able to be creative, find something to do.....all without spending money. What a great kid.
I'm being itchy and bitchy right along with you....that way your not alone!!
Chris you are so wonderful! I love that he still loves you guys so much, I can only pray that my kids are like that when they are older. I don't have anything to be itchy about, but most days (sad to admitt) I conquer the "bitchy" part!
Post a Comment