Friday, August 22, 2008

This next post...

is not for the faint of heart!! It started out like every other morning and we were heading out the door to get in the car to take the kids to school!! We all piled in to the car and I told Justin to go open the garage door - yes, it's true...we don't have automatic garage door openers - well Justin couldn't get it to open so Jace, me, and Justin were all trying to pull up the garage door...it would only come up about 2 feet!! AGHHH! It's now cutting it close to when the kids need to be at school so I take everyone out of the car...Hannah, Halle, 2 little girls I was watching...Emma and Lexie and go call my mom to help me run the kids to school! Well Jace goes out and tries to lift the spring of the door, stretching it to see if it was the problem...well it snaps back and this is what happens... Can you see where it pinched his hand and all the little blood blisters!! Poor kid!! He rinsed it off and we bandaged him up, sent him with some extra band aids, and off to school we went. We were able to get everyone where they should be and on time!! Mom ran me over to his school at lunch time to see how he was doing. I took him a Subway sandwich and some goodies, that brought a smile to his face!! He says it doesn't hurt much. He has a football Jamboree tomorrow so we'll just bandage him up and he will wear his football gloves!! And to top it off I was without a car all day!! Hopefully John can fix the door tonight...I hate being without a car. My mom has had to run me all around...to Idaho Falls to get Jace football pants, Wal-Mart, taking the kids to school, visiting teaching, picking the kids up from school, football practice...she's a great mom!! Off to do what I usually do around this time of day...put on my many "hats"...maid, chauffeur, chef, gardener, warden, financial advisor, doctor, etc. All in all it's just ... So thankful for... 1) Jace's hand is okay 2) it's Friday 3) being a mom...I talk alot and joke about how stressful and hard it is and how crabby I get at times, but I love my kids, I love taking care of them and all their needs. I secretly love running them everywhere and picking them up, going to all their activities, fixing their favorite meals and treats, folding their laundry, cleaning their rooms, I don't know why but lately time has been going really fast and again...even though it's hard at times, I know one day my house will be spotless and everything will stay clean for more than one minute and I'm not ready for that. I know change and growth brings good things, but it seems they are growing too fast...I sometimes panic that I haven't done enough with them or for them or taught them what I should've!! Hopefully they do know how much I love them and how so proud of them their dad and I are of them!! I love being a mom!!!

3 comments:

Shayna said...

I am glad that Jace's hand is ok.
I am POSITIVE that your kids know how much you love them. Look at all the things your mom does for you and you know without a doubt of her love for you! It will all be the same with you and your children. I have to type this so I can read it and take my own advice!!!

Jessica said...

OUCH! That has seriously got to hurt - what a great kid, and tought at that too! Oh man!!!

You seriously brought tears to my eyes when reading about being a mom. You are wonderful!

Jonna said...

Oh my Gosh...that looks horrible! It sounds like he is one tough kid though. I'm sure playing football with that hand was not easy. I think you're a wonderful mom!