and we go on to the next thing!!!!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Change of plans...
everything was going on schedule...house clean, laundry almost done, getting ready to go to the store to buy stuff for stew when Justin called and asks if five of his friends could come over and hang out till the powder puff game. So I scrapped the stew and made home made pizza, salad, chips, and brownies.
They ate alot!! Seriously!! Here is another example of how much my boys eat...the following is when they have a "bowl" of cereal. Mind you they have a "bowl" of cereal for breakfast every morning and sometimes a "bowl" for a snack after school. Here's Jace with his "bowl" of cereal this afternoon...
Not the greatest picture but the bowl he's eating out of is a serving bowl...the other one is a regular cereal bowl. They can finish off a box of cereal in two "bowls"!!
But secretly...I love it!! Love cookin' for them and feedin' them and watching them grow cause I know one day it'll be just me and John, sharing one chicken breast and a baked potato, getting a six inch subway and splitting it or sharing a personal pan pizza, my house will be clean always, I'll have one or two loads of laundry...and I'm not ready for that!! Bring on the messy house, the piles of laundry, the chaos, the big bowls of cereal, the dirty dishes under the beds and papers, socks, and food in the couch cushions, the stinky football gear, and Barbies everywhere, the finger prints on the front screen door, on the windows and tv!! I just smile and say...
and we go on to the next thing!!!!
and we go on to the next thing!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YUp....enjoy it while it lasts! However it is a nice feeling to have things actually stay done for more than 10 minutes. We don't even drink a quart of milk in a week. As for cereal....it gets thrown away. *I can still eat my own personal pan pizza though....I'm not sharing that!
Chris, I bet you are THE awesome mom!!!! That is why they choose your house. I hope my boys choose our house to hang out too. And I will be GLAD to fix them food food and more food. Because I totally agree with you - time flies to fast. There will always be laundry!
I wonder when I will get to the part of my life when I will only want a half of a chicken breast!!!!! oh, lol!
I can only imagine how much food you go through with your boys! :) CrAzY!!! But..I agree, I would much rather cook for them (AND all their friends) than not know where they are!! Your house is place to be!! I loved your posts on Spud Day (more like RAIN day this year!!) and on fall...I too LOVE fall and everything that goes with it!
It was fun seeing you this weekend! It is always so crazy when we come to visit...so many places to go in such a short time!! But I agree....next time we need to get together and let the girls play! Kylee was so excited that Halle was in church...she was scared to go at first because she didn't know anyone, so I am glad you guys got there! (And I really don't know how you do church at 8:30!?!? That is SOO early!) Ok, I better run, off to make some more bows...its bow central around here these days! Have a good one..talk to you soon! :)
Post a Comment