Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Let's dance...

Halle and Hannah started dance today!! Seems like we just got recital over with and here we are starting dance again. That's ok because Halle LOVES to dance and Hannah was moved in the older class this year with more of her friends and gets to go to Lagoon May2nd to perform!! Except Halle heard "Lagoon" and now will ask me for the next month, everyday..."are we going to "Magoon" today?" Hopefully she'll soon forget cause she doesn't get that May is like 10 months away!! So that should be alot of fun!! And it will be here before we know it!! I snapped a couple pictures of Halle but didn't get any of Hannah cause we went a little early and she wanted to stay with her friend's and when I went to pick her up I didn't take any because I didn't want to embarrass her, being the only mom taking pictures...heaven forbid! So I'll have to try and get some here in a few weeks!! Justin started drivers ed this morning. He went at 7:00 a.m. this morning and will go from 6:00 - 8:00 a.m. every week day and drive on Saturdays from 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. He is so excited! We are carpooling with a couple of other kids in the neighborhood who are also taking the course so it shouldn't be too bad! It will be a long day for Justin...getting up at 5:15 in the morning, going to drivers ed, a full day of school, and then 2 1/2 hours of football!! Add in homework, scouts/mutual, and chores around the house...he's gonna be one tired kid!! But he surprised me and fixed dinner tonight all by himself!! He made tacos and even set the table!! Dinner was great!! I asked if cooking dinner included clean up too and he said..."sure!" What a nice treat!! (Please pay no attention to my disgusting cookie sheet in the dishwasher... and now that I've mentioned it you will go back and look at it, I know you will!!) It felt good just to get up and walk away from the table and know that everything will be put away and cleaned up!! (I might have to do a little tidying up, but that's ok!) I love cooking for my family and they are really are good at helping out and cleaning up after dinner!! John got the bathroom painted and we are going to go get lights and a new mirror tomorrow...it's getting there!! Oh...I can't wait till it's done!! John has done a great job!! He's a perfectionist and and can't help but noticing the little imperfections. I think it looks awesome and can't wait to have a potty upstairs again!! So thankful for... 1) Justin making dinner, might have to have him do it a little more often, he actually enjoys cooking 2) my handy man 3) my family - we may not have it all together...but together we have it all!!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Those pictures of your little Halle is WAY too cute. Love the hair, her "costume" and her shoes!

What an awesome young man you have Chris, he will for sure make one handy hubby! Dinner and clean up???? That is awesome!

Show us the updated bathroom when it is finished!

Anonymous said...

seriously...little Halle girl is the cutest thing! Love the dance pics! I am going to have to hide those from Kylee 'cause she will be sooo jealous!! :) And Justin makin' dinner AND cleaning up.....WOW!! What a night!! Love remodeling!! I want to paint sooo bad, but Andy HATES it!! It is like pulling teeth trying to talk him into painting anything! :) Can't wait to see pictures when you are done!!

Jonna said...

I'm telling you......I could take that sweet little Halle home for good! As for Justin...he's a keeper. Post some pictures of that awesome bathroom soon.

Adrienne said...

Isn't it crazy that dance started. I'm sending my boys over for lessons from Justin!

Kimberly Davis said...

I wish I looked at cute as Halle does in that little outfit...do they make that in size 24W? Tell Justin he can cook for me any night of the week..you know what you need to post is that Sweet & Sour recipe...I'm craving it!

Kimberly Davis said...

I forgot.....love the Fall colors...can you belive it's here!!!!