Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I love...

staying at the cabin in Island Park!! LOVE IT! If I ever win the lottery or a large sum of money falls from the sky...I would build me a cabin in the mountains and live there forever!! I love the mountains!! We had a a great time...lots of food, family, and fun!! We got there Thursday and just hung out. Jace couldn't wait to get his motorbike out and rode it non-stop till dark. Mandie, Steph, and I loaded up the kids on all the gadgets that wheels and motors that we had and headed to Big Springs to see the fish...

Saturday we woke up early to another beautiful day and headed to Yellowstone, over to Mammoth Hot Springs. We only saw a few bison along the way and some elk at Mammoth this year. Last year we saw a bear!! This year not so lucky...but we had a nice lunch and walked around for a while... We were almost out of the park and saw a whole bunch of cars pulled off to the side of the road - that usually means there's somethin' goin' on - so we stopped and saw this elk hangin' out, rubbin' his antlers and didn't care all these "humans" were takin' pictures of him... It was a great trip! We headed back to the cabin and had "tacos". We saw this cute idea on this cute blog where you take a bag of Frito's, crush them, open them up, and add your taco fixin's right in the bag!! It was a big hit!! Except I couldn't find Frito's in "bulk" at Sam's so we had Doritos instead. Well that's all for today I'll post Saturday and Sunday tomorrow. Be prepared for more fun, food, hangin' out AND broken bones!! The kids have one more week out of school for spud vacation, John went back to work, and I don't want them to tell John I was on the computer all day so I'm keepin' it short! So thankful for...1) Fall - I love fall, the colors, the smells, the warm days and cool nights 2) the mountains - they are beautiful this time of year 3) my family - all of them - I love em' all

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Looks like you had a fun time. I love going to Island Park too. It's so peaceful there. You captured some great pictures!

Brandi said...

Sounds like a great time. I love getting away. Hopefully one day your dream of living in the cabin will come true...if you win the lotery I would like a couple thousand -okay!!! I love all the pictures you were able to get. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

Jan said...

We don't know each other, however, I stumbled on your blog through, "get off you butt and bake". I LOVE your choice of music. My children's blogs, grown children, have music on theirs and I don't love it all. So while I work today, I am going to hang out on your blog to listen. So if you are tracking the feed, I wanted you to know why I am on so long. My blog is private as my children do not want me to put my grandchildren on it without protection. They do not like the idea of everyone being able to view their little children with preditors out there.

Looks like you have a wonderful family and great times. Enjoy each day. They grow up all to fast and out on their own. It is wonderful, but they are gone. I do LOVE LOVE LOVE my little grandchildren.

Mandie said...

Love the pictures. Jake looks so dirty. I had such a great time. Love spending time with my family. Love ya tons.

Shayna said...

That looks like so much fun... that is one thing I miss about idaho... being so close to island park! I just love all you guys. Looking at the pictures brought a smile to my face! Oh the memories of Island park and Mammoth Springs!
You are looking so good. I had to make the picture bigger to realize it was you standing by your dad!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures...what a fun weekend you guys had! :) Good ol' Island Park...Andy wants to get away for a few days...looking at your pictures makes me want to go there! that picture of the 3 "biker boys" looking over the bridge is a great shot!! Thanks for posting such great pictures!! :)

Jonna said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time. Shan & Blake were bummed that they had to miss it! Chris your hair is long....so cute on you. I didn't know you grew it out. No wonder you needed a flat iron.