Thursday, December 18, 2008

A poem...

"Running here, running there, so very much to do...
Driving, buying, baking, wrapping, and cleaning it all up too!
Writing list after list or I else I may forget...
The many, many things I have yet to get!
Parties, programs, lights, and other places to go see...
We're a family of very "Merry" busy bees!
So I'm goin' crazy in a "happy" kinda way...
Just gettin' through the day and at night lettin' Calgon take me away!
And last but not least, my Christmas wish to you...
May you have peace, love, and happiness now and the whole year through!"
That pretty much sums up where I'm at!! I do have a smile on my face and just doin' what needs to be done! I figure if I stress out then I stress the whole family out and don't want that! we went to the Museum of Idaho on Monday ~ forgot the camera ~ and saw the gingerbread houses and nativity scenes! Some were amazing! The boys ~ including John ~ favorite part was of the "stuffed" animals they had in the other part of the museum, big horn sheep, fish, etc. ~ go figure! And Halle just wanted to eat the candy off all the gingerbread houses, especially the chocolate! The nativities were beautiful ~ they had them from different countries, small ones, big ones, tiny, tiny, ones! It was a fun night! John and I went shopping yesterday, with no little ones, and we went to the mall. Well he still hasn't shaved his beard...we were walking and Santa spotted John. Santa rubbed his beard and then pointed to John and gave him the thumbs up! It was funny, but seriously...he had two or three guys complement him on his "beard" yesterday! I don't get it!! Is facial hair that cool to guys? I haven't said anything to him yet but I might start hintin' around it's gettin' time to "trim" {in other words...shave it OFF} the thing! We've been teasing the boys that when he does shave it Justin can glue some onto his face and have a mustache and Jace can glue some onto his chest for some chest hair!! Jace said he wants some for his "pits"!! Just kidding! Getting a little too much I know! So off to do more Christmas! Have a few Christmas parties this weekend, Justin has a B-ball game tomorrow and Jace has one Saturday. And...Justin has a girlfriend! She gave him a Steelers hat this morning at school {sad mom sigh here} so he wants to go get her something! I don't know if I'm ready for this...more on this later ~ I'll have to tell about the texting thing...nothing bad, just ALOT of it!! So thankful for...1) we added unlimited texting to our plan...shhh, don't tell Justin, it's a surprise 2) John only works two days this week 3) I made cinnamon rolls and they turned out ~ me and yeast have this "love/hate" relationship and remember..."Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don't quite know how to put our love into words." Harlan Miller

1 comment:

Shayna said...

You always put a smile on my face!! You are the cutest mom!! So Justin has a girlfriend... you knew that was going to happen sooner or later! I am excited too hear all about it and see pictures soon! Oh believe me I know about the facial hair. I am lucky though because Cameron cant get past the part that it really itches so he shaves it off. I really like his goatee though. I like it better when he has one! Tell everyone hello! Hope to see you when I am up there for christmas