Saturday, January 3, 2009

A before and after...

and no it's not of John and that damn beard...but of Justin and his journey through braces! We started January 28th, 2004. We actually did two phases on Justin ~ he wasn't quite ready for a full set, still had a few teeth to come in and a little more growing to do...but when you see the before picture you'll see why we did two phases...The 1st phase was for aesthetics {looks} and to bring those vampire teeth down! He had top braces on for one year ~ wore a retainer for a year {more like 6 months till his dad ran over it after it fell out of the car cause it was on his lap while he was eating Swedish fish and he was riding up front and we stopped to trade places in Afton, WY while we were pulled over to the side of the road watching the winter elk ~ the same day just 3 hours earlier that he DOVE head first into the hotpots at Lava, that are only 3 feet deep and has a huge sign that says NO DIVING, and scraped his face ~ it was not his day!} and then had a full set on for 3 years. On October 28th, 2008 he went in for his to have his braces taken off ~ 2 days after his 15th birthday! He took pretty good care of them and didn't have any bad calcification marks or any cavities! And now the after... He went back a few days later and got his PERMANENT retainers on! Such a handsome kid! Well, we have one down with the brace thing and only three to go!

3 comments:

Jonna said...

Wow...they look great! We only had one in braces, and they are expensive.

Happy Birthday to You Chris!
I hope it's a wonderful day.

Adrienne said...

oooo the vampire teeth! I had some killer ones too! (no pun intended haha) Hooray for getting braces off!

Janiel said...

Thanks SOOO much for leaving me a comment! I always find it SOO fun to meet and read about other people. Your pictures looked awefully familure and then I realized that I went to school with Mandie (I think she was 2 grades about me.) What a small world! I'll add your name to my freebie list and by the way...cute, cute, funny blog. I'll be back!