Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday...

to John!! I saw this cute idea on Kimberly's blog and hope it's ok if I copy it. She interviewed her kids about her hubby on his birthday and so I thought I'd do the same!!
How old is dad today? Justin: 38
Jace: 40
Hannah: 39
Halle: 10
~ he's 39 ~ What is his favorite food?
Justin: steak
Jace: steak
Hannah: shrimp
Halle: broccoli ~ he loves alot of things, but his favorite is prime rib ~
What is his favorite color?
Justin: gray
Jace: green
Hannah: camoflauge
Halle: brown
~ I had to ask him...he said red ~
If you get dad anything for his birthday...what would you get him?
Justin: a Paul Schaffer bow
Jace: a Wing Thunderbird bow
Hannah: a PSP
Halle: a gun
~ a new pistol and a new truck~
What is the best present dad ever got you?
Justin: my bow
Jace: my motorbike
Hannah: our house Halle: lipstick
~ there's been so many but my recent favorite is the pots and pans he got me for Christmas ~
What is dad's favorite thing to do?
Justin: spend time with us
Jace: shoot his bows
Hannah: shoot his bows
Halle: shoot his bow and arrows
~ he does loves to collect and shoot recurve bows ~
What is dad's favorite snacks?
Justin: Kipper snacks
Jace: Hershey w/ almonds
Hannah: pistachios Halle: peanuts
~ the kids pretty much got it right on this one ~
Where do you think dad would want to go if he could go anywhere?
Justin: Czech Republic {What!? I asked why there and he said to hunt big game...never knew}
Jace: Alaska
Hannah: anywhere there is deer and good hunting
Halle: the woods and find a deer
~ probably anywhere you could do an awesome hunt...Alaska ~
What does dad do for you that you appreciate?
Justin: provides for us
Jace: let me shoot my bow
Hannah: helps me clean my room
Halle: helps me find my shoes
~ I can't even begin to express my appreciation for John ~
What do you want to tell dad on his birthday?
Justin: work harder so I can get a motorbike :-) {remember he's a 15 year old smart aleck}
Jace: I love you ~ Happy birthday!
Hannah: I love you!
Halle: I love you!
~ I love him more than he will ever know...he's my life, my best friend, and my eternal companion. He's makes me laugh, he helps me with anything I need, and he's there for me always and works so hard to provide for us! He's the most giving and generous man I know ~
We love you and want you to know you mean the world to us! Happy Birthday! And for his birthday...he shaved!! Yea! The kids will be so surprised when they get home from school! It took me a few minutes to get used to lookin' at him but he looks so much younger! Love ya babe!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a cute idea. Love the answers from your kids. I might have to copy for Chris's b-day coming up. There is nothing like a freshly shaved man! Happy B-day John.

Shayna said...

That is a really cute idea... i just might have to copy in July! WOW he does look so much younger! What a hottie! That was more of a birthday suprise for you. How long has be been growing it out???

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!!

What a cute idea from you and your kids. LOVED all the answers.

I just had to keep scrolling up and down and comparing pictures - I can't believe it is the same man!! How funny!
Hope you guys have a great day and celebrate with LOTS of food and cake!!

Janiel said...

What a great, great idea! Kids answers crack me up! Wish your hubby a happy birthday for me and hope its a good one!

Jolene said...

So nice to hear from you again. You are such a good mom and hello...awesome at getting your life on your blog. I'm lucky if I can remember to take the camera to Christmas (I didn't) much less download it and write about it. You're writing is so good. You are very talented at letting your personality show in your writing. That's hard to do. Love you and miss you too. You absolutely can add me to your friends. Once I figure out my blog, can I add you to mine? I'm pretty new to the whole blog thing. Let me know. By the way, Happy Birthday John! Great kids interview. Your blog is a treasure. I also look forward to seeing what you come up with for you visiting teaching sisters with your Target finds. Don't forget to post it. Can't wait to see. Talk to you later.
Jolene

Sherelle said...

Happy Birthday John!

Kimberly Davis said...

HAPPY Birthday Old Man - we Love you - Love seeing your face again!!!!!!!