Thursday, February 12, 2009

♥ fun continues...

during Hannah's class party! I was too busy to take pictures but it went great! We played Barnyard, Cupids Corner, and Heart Stomp, had ice cream sundaes, and then they opened their Valentines! Which was fun to watch cause they were like "cool", "awesome"," these are my favorite" and so on! Hannah got a special Valentine from a boy in her class, Ethan... I thought it was sweet! She made him one too. She wanted to buy something but I drew the line there...she's still way too young! They are growing up way too fast! Made a yummy corn chowder for dinner tonight! Got the recipe from "Eat It and Weep". It was really good! Also made some little cornbread cakes with honey butter to go along! I posted the recipe on our recipe blog too ~ Cooking Mamas! Try it...it's actually the recipe for corn chowder from Mimi's Cafe! Again...another family favorite! Off to clean up the mess...I have flour, half & half, corn, and potato peels every where {I love to cook but I am a very messy cook ~ John says it's cause I'm left handed} I should've taken a picture of the mess! Had to run my car up to the tire shop...had a screw in the tire and you could hear the air leaking out. Justin has a game tomorrow and I wanted to be able to go so we had it fixed and the tires rotated! It's always something but we get through it one day at a time! Jace is now sick...started pounding the Vitamin C and echinachea. John works all weekend, even on ♥ day. So we'll celebrate with a late dinner on Saturday night with Papa Murphy's ♥ shaped pizza, red punch, salad, and "pink" ranch dressing by candle light. The boys are going snowboarding Monday with the scouts, they are out of school for President's Day, so John and I are going to take the girls to Coraline. Not really wanting to see this movie, wasn't a real fan of Nightmare Before Christmas, but the girls really wants to go see it so we'll go! Hopefully one night while he's off we can sneak away for a "late ♥ day date ~ night"! So thankful for...1) all the recipe blogs out there ~ I have several bookmarked with recipes to try 2) 4 day weekend 3) my new purse ~ it's a little funky bit it's fun and can hold alotta stuff...
Got it here.

2 comments:

Janiel said...

Love how you made the cornbread in small loaves. Never thought of that and they are so darn cute!

Adrienne said...

I ditto what Janiel said! I've had my eye on that chowder. Glad to know it is a good recipe!