Thursday, February 19, 2009

I was sooo sick...

for the past few days and I am feeling so much better today! Tuesday morning I came home from helping at my mom's, crawled back into my pjs and climbed into bed and stayed there for two full days!! Yes...two full days in bed, thanks to my amazing husband who was off work and took care of everything! First, I was sick to my stomach, the I had aches and chills and stuffy head and headache, I was just completely beat! Don't know what I had but I'm feelin' better today! So I got caught up on laundry, washed our sheets and cleaned our room, cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, living room, and kitchen. I also was supposed to go visiting teaching yesterday but I looked and felt like death was at my doorstep so the sweet lady I go with went ahead and did it without me, but I had their Valentine gifts all wrapped and ready to go and have wanted to try this recipe for a yummy coffee cake I found ~ don't know why they call it "coffee" cake, there's no coffee in it, you must eat it when you drink coffee ~...so I whipped up three coffee {the recipe makes three} cakes and ran them around! I hope they tasted good cause I actually didn't get to try one, the family was like "where you goin' with those?" cause I didn't think they'd eat 'em, but they said they looked like they tasted good and they smelled wonderful. So I think I'll make some this weekend to enjoy with our orange juice! Go here for the recipe "NJ Coffee Cake" from the "Big Red Kitchen". And a disclaimer...my camera sucks so forgive my photos ~ could also be the photographer ;) ...And I am so bummed...I was so sick that I didn't even care about the Albertsons sale till this morning. I thought about going with Steph, but I got up to print my coupons and I only printed out one and fell asleep at the computer desk. So I'll have to catch the next one...but I've loved seeing all your guys deals!! Way to go!! So thankful for...1) Sudaphed 2) a husband who takes such great care of me and the kids when I was down and out ~ and every day 3) I am feeling great today! Oooh and go here...Simply Lulu Boutique for and awesomely yummy and fuzzy give away!!

4 comments:

Jolene said...

So sorry you've been sick. Glad your husband was home to let you stay in bed. Hope you're well on your way to recovery. BTW the coffee cake is looking awesome! Definately going to have to check in on that recipe. Thanks for the head's up. You're the BOMB!
Jolene

Adrienne said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!

Lauralee Brewerton said...

Glad your feeling better, I know how WONDERFUL it is to have our hubbies take care of things for us, I have to tell you, that we have a common friend "Heidi"Johnson"Sanchez" She was telling me how it's funny that I now know all her old friends. Anyway, I think it's time for a shopping trip.
Take care, TTYL

Kimberly Davis said...

I'm sorry you were sick...it stinks! I just got done catching up on your family, I'm glad everyone is so well!!