Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Let's get busy with a giveaway...

I love blogging! Love it! It's so fun, and quick, and easy to take pictures and write it down and have it forever {I'm in the process of putting our first year in a book, but it's been a slow process}! And I love to "blog stalk" other blogs {I hate leaving comments cause some times I re-read them and say to myself "that was such a dumb ass thing to say}! There are so many great ideas out there and so many inspirational thoughts and stories that others share! My days have been made brighter, my burdens lifted, my testimony strengthened, my life easier, my tears flow, and have they made me smile and laugh!! I also love those that share their recipes...I am a recipe junkie and I love trying new things for my family! There are some truly great cooks out there! So to thank you all for sharing, inspiring, and makin' me laugh! This is for one of you...a $20.00 gift card to Target ~ and a few of my other favorite things thrown in! I pondered about what to give away, even askin' my sisters what would be a cool give away, but we couldn't come up with something that was just "cool" {along with my dumb ass commenting, my great ideas always come after the fact ~ meaning here in a month or so, an idea will come to me and Ill be like "dang-it...I should've done that"}! So I thought I would let you go get you something you like and Target pretty much has something for everyone! So just leave me a comment ~ which by the way, I love and appreciate all of your sweet comments ~ and a way to contact you, and if you've never left a comment, please do...I would love to meet you! The winner will be chosen on Sunday night, May 10th!! So thankful for...1) blogging 2) you all who share and inspire me in so many ways 3) my family allowing me to take pictures and blog about our lives ~ quick story...we had a small micro-burst come through our backyard last night and blew down part of our fence and the first thing the kids said was "mom get your camera and put this on our blog"!

15 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Chris, I TOTALLY know what you mean about leaving those lovely "dumb ass" comments seriously, I feel like that is all I leave!
I was just talking to a lady the other day that said she was just going to delete her blog and I gasped WHAT?!! That is CRAZZZZY - and something that would NEVER cross my mind. IT IS so simple - journal about the happenings and post some pictures - and waaa laaa you have FAMILY HISTORY!!!!!! I was so happy they day I was introduced to a BLOG!
My kids do that all the time, "hurry mom take a picture!... mom are you going to post that?.... and even Seth enjoys reading the comments about what people say about our family! LOVE IT!!
LOVE you Chris!
So... I am ALL For that Target gift card. I love Love LOVE that store and that would fit perfect in my wallet! I wan it I wan it!!!! And just because the 1st comment NEVER gets chosen I will be back just to leave my two cents again before Sunday!!! (is that allowed - see were we just not talking about dumb ass comments - leave it to me I tell ya)!

Colette said...

I've never left a comment on your blog before. I occasionally "blog stalk" you from Janiel's blog. My blog is private but if you'll send me an e-mail to coldav1@msn.com I'll send you an invitation. I'm like you I love that blogging makes me journal things that would have been forgotten, it is a great way to capture the every day moments. My kids get tired of me taking pictures of everything but then they are the first to run and grab the camera to take a picture so I can blog it.

Adrienne said...

oooo....fun giveaway!! I always have a wish list for things at Target! Thanks for the sweet comment you left earlier...you are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your blog and have never left a comment, I am like you I feel like I never really know what to say. What a fun giveaway....Target has got to be the Best!! I really enjoy reading your blog your family is adorable. O and since I have come out of the closet with "stalking" your blog, I wanted to let you know you look great!

Jolene said...

Hello friend!
Hope all is well with you. Sorry about Grandma Mellies. I hope you were still able to have a little fun on your SLC weekend. You are so sweet and totally deserve a little R&R especially since I know you are running around crazy, just like me. Here's a good one for you...I recently was released from my Primary calling and put in as the Cub Committee Chairman (whatever that is). I have no idea about scouts. I mean NO IDEA! I went to the first pack meeting and I was asking questions about the things the boys were earning and they kept talking about the wolves. Eventually I just had to ask "Uh, What's a wolf?" Everyone had this stunned look on their face and then one of the leaders looked at the other one and said, "she's in charge?". It was priceless. Then they kindly explained to me about wolves and bobcats and bears and such. So here's what I do with my free time...I try to figure out what the crap the cub scouts do. I thought I wouldn't have to do that until Jake was one. Life is such an adventure and I'm learning that it either goes fast or faster. Slowing down is just something we crazy moms dream about on the rare occasion that we get a full nights sleep. Your comments couldn't be as dumb ass as "what's a wolf?" In fact, I actually enjoy reading them. You make me want to be a better mom. Love you! Have a good one.
Jolene

Jonna said...

Well you gotta add me! I love your blog. You always give me a great laugh & start for the day. Hope everything went well for Grammie.

perfection said...

I just love your blog and you look great and you have beautiful hair. Yes, this is your hairstylist.I'm glad I have gotten the chance to know you better.

the yanceys said...

My favorite Chris! I have had fun reading more about you(even though we live a few houses away). It us fun to see your thoughts and see pictures! Love you girl! You rock!!!

Anonymous said...

You know I have to get myself in on this cool giveaway!! :) I love all the blogging...it makes me feel closer to family, even if I am 4 hours away!! I love reading your blogs...I love that you are so honest on here...even if you are having a bad day...cause we all know life ain't perfect!! :) Thanks for sharing your life with me! love ya!!

Janiel said...

I just LOVE your blog!!! What a fun little give-away!

Jessie said...

I love reading your blog! I've never left a comment but I do check in occasionally. My favorite is how you always list a few things your thankful for! If I happen to be oh so LUCKY and win you can e-mail me at thalman102@hotmail.com

Mandie said...

Just entering your little give away. I just have to tell you that I love ya and am so glad that your my sister. Keep the laughter coming.

Jessica said...

I am just back again!!!!

I told you I would be....

Stephanie said...

So what exactly do I have to do to be able to have you pick me your sister for your give away. I will start here 1. you are amazing mom and sister 2. you look amazing 3. you always help me out when I need it. I am doing a good job yet. Just kidding you really are all those things and I love you so much. Have a great day.

Heather Vance said...

Chris, I am a blog stalker, I love it when you post new things. I just lurk around your blog. I just wanted to say you are looking so good, I saw you the other day out walking and I hardly recognized you, but it was a dead giveaway that is was you when you smiled.
Keep up the good work girlie..

Heather Vance