We went to Salt Lake the first of the month for a dance competition at Lagoon for Hannah. My parents and Mandie and her two kids went with us! We took the kids outta school Friday and went down and did a little shoppin'. The boys headed in one car and went to Cabela's and the girls in another car and we headed to Park city! Later that night we met back up for dinner! The kids went swimming that night at the hotel. And those were the only pictures I got of the whole weekend...



We woke up Saturday morning, Hannah had to be at Lagoon by 8:30 and it was pouring outside...so we decided that Mandie, Hannah, and I would go, watch her dance and head back to the hotel ~ cause you had to pay to get in so we didn't want everyone to pay just to watch a 3½ minute dance! We curled Hannah's hair cute and Mandie did her make-up, and we headed out! We were prepared with umbrellas, but by the time we got to the pavilion Hannah and Halle were a mess. Hannah's hair was flat, I poked her in the eye accidentally with my blush brush, her eye watered, then her mascara ran {Mandie learned that you ALWAYS use waterproof mascara on 'ittle ladies during dance time} so she looked pretty rough by the time it was her turn to dance! But she danced GREAT! They too 2nd place out of 5 teams! Not bad for their first competition! We headed back to the car and by the time we got there Halle was soaked to her thighs cause of all the puddles ~ but her sweet Aunt Mandie carried her to the car! The weather cleared up a little and we debated about coming home or seeing if the weather would clear up enough to go to Lagoon! Well we decided to come home and go back to Lagoon later on this summer and go to Lagoona Beach! It was a fun trip! We made it home Saturday and Sunday was Jace's first time doing fast offerings as a deacon! He was so excited! He was up and all ready to go! And can ya guess what I did? Yep, take a picture...
So proud of that kid! Monday or Tuesday we had a micro burst of wind that blew our fence down in the back yard so we are replacing that. John worked on tearing it down and burning it up!


On Wednesday a rancher was born...


Justin went on an Ag field trip were they roped and cut of all the cows nuts! He came home covered in cow crap, mud, and blood! But he jumped in the car and said, "I'm gonna be a rancher when I grow up! It was freakin' awesome today....." and he then went on to tell me how the cut the nuts off, what he did, how he got kicked in the thigh, and on and on!! I'm just glad he didn't bring the cow nuts home like his friend did! Ewww! So now he wants to be rancher and a pro-golfer! I love that kid too much!! I wanted to talk about Mother's Day but that'll have to wait! Hannah's school play is tonight and have to get her ready for that! But I had a great Mother's Day! I was Queen for a day {and my panty hose even said so}!! Off to round up the "pro-golfer"! He skipped school and went and watched the state golf tournament {can we say boring} and he's not home yet, and does he answer his cell phone? NO! He has the most annoying voice mail...he says "Hello?" {pause} and you start talking, and a few seconds later you hear "Hello?" again and he says "Who is this? {pause for dramatic effect, then he continues} Just kidding...this is Justin leave me a message." Gets me every time! When will I learn??! So thankful for...1) got everything done for Hannah's play 2) my mother, grandmothers, sisters, sister-in-law, mother-in-law 3)my sweet hubby and my sweet kids!
3 comments:
Tegan Ricker brought home the balls and Bubba fried them up and ate them. I say he is a balleater.
You are the best journaler in the world! Is that a word? I enjoy reading about all the little things that your remember so wonderfully.
I HATE those answering machines because it never fails to get me and I start talking. Utah sounds fun, darn rain, and Cabelas. Would it be a trip to Utah without the guys going to Cabelas? The "Rancher" story is funny! What doesn't make a teenager's day?
Post a Comment