I loved Carl and Ellie's love story! It was alot of fun and a cute movie, though I never did figure out where all those dogs came from and it still bugs me! We had John's mom pop us a big bag of popcorn {I don't know what she does, but this lady can pop the best popcorn ever}, grabbed some drinks and treats and headed out! Halle fell asleep about 45 minutes into it! It was alot of fun ~ and way less expensive than the theater ~ so we hope to go a few more times this summer! And of course I left my camera home and John wouldn't turn around and go get it! Well it sounds like after we get through this weekend the weather should be lookin' better! YEA!! So thankful for...1) great deals at great garage sales 2) takin' my little girls...they love looking for "treasures" 3) went to a great jewelry party the other night and got some cute stuff, I even booked a party so I could get some more!!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Today I hit a good one...
of all my Saturday mornings of getting up at 6:00, getting ready, and going from neighborhood to neighborhood with cash in hand, in search of cute little girls clothes...I hit a couple of great garage sales today! I found one that had Halle's size and they were like brand new...




I got 2 pair of jeans, khaki pants, 3 pairs of shorts, 4 shirts. They were brand name {not that it totally matters to me, but they had 'em for a great deal}...Oshkosh, Children's Place, Carter's and Bongo. How much do ya think we spent? $8.00 for everything! So we headed out and on to the next one! We turned in to the neighborhood and it went quite far in and I started thinking, "if I get all the way down here and it's one of those sucky ones...I was gonna be pissed" but it was a great one!! I rarely find stuff for Hannah but we hit the jackpot baby...


We found 2 pair of jeans ~ Children's Place, 2 pair of corduroy jeans ~ Gap, Levi jacket, Roxy sweatshirt, Wet Seal jacket, 2 Gap sweaters, Abercrombie shirt, Aeropostle shirt, Cherokee warm up suit, a little holiday shirt from Children's Place, flower belt and a bracelet. How much do ya think we spent? Well before I tell ya, let me tell you it was Barbie, Polly Pocket, Littlest Pet Shop, and My Little Pony heaven for two little girls that were with me! They bought a Barbie swim pool, Polly dolls, Littlest Pet Shops, some magnetic Princess dolls, and some other little this and thats...so the total was $18.50 for all! I broke it down and I spent $10.00 on the clothes and they spent $8.50 on their "treasure" ~ which are now sporadically spread out throughout the house! It was a fun morning! We even made it home by 9:00 to say goodbye to Justin who was headed to Lava for Stake Youth Conference! He spent all day yesterday doing humanitarian projects at the stake center then that evening they had a dinner and a testimony meeting! He had a great time and loved the food...they had Subway for lunch, roasted pig for dinner, and I'm not sure what they'll have today but I'm sure he'll love it! He's 15 and his life mostly revolves around food ~ how much and how good it is, sleep, money, golf, friends, and driving anywhere he can!! Jace went to the air show in Rexburg with Mike and Mandie and then they are headed up to Green Canyon! John's workin' and Hannah, Halle, and I are just hangin' out getting John ready to go salmon fishing all next week! And figure out what to get my dad and John's dad something for Father's Day, which I have NO CLUE what to get! They are soooo hard to buy for! John's Father's Day is this fishing trip ~ that was easy!! We also went to "UP" at the drive-in Thursday!!
I loved Carl and Ellie's love story! It was alot of fun and a cute movie, though I never did figure out where all those dogs came from and it still bugs me! We had John's mom pop us a big bag of popcorn {I don't know what she does, but this lady can pop the best popcorn ever}, grabbed some drinks and treats and headed out! Halle fell asleep about 45 minutes into it! It was alot of fun ~ and way less expensive than the theater ~ so we hope to go a few more times this summer! And of course I left my camera home and John wouldn't turn around and go get it! Well it sounds like after we get through this weekend the weather should be lookin' better! YEA!! So thankful for...1) great deals at great garage sales 2) takin' my little girls...they love looking for "treasures" 3) went to a great jewelry party the other night and got some cute stuff, I even booked a party so I could get some more!!
I loved Carl and Ellie's love story! It was alot of fun and a cute movie, though I never did figure out where all those dogs came from and it still bugs me! We had John's mom pop us a big bag of popcorn {I don't know what she does, but this lady can pop the best popcorn ever}, grabbed some drinks and treats and headed out! Halle fell asleep about 45 minutes into it! It was alot of fun ~ and way less expensive than the theater ~ so we hope to go a few more times this summer! And of course I left my camera home and John wouldn't turn around and go get it! Well it sounds like after we get through this weekend the weather should be lookin' better! YEA!! So thankful for...1) great deals at great garage sales 2) takin' my little girls...they love looking for "treasures" 3) went to a great jewelry party the other night and got some cute stuff, I even booked a party so I could get some more!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow you hit the jackpot. I'm NEVER lucky at garage sales, way to go. Sounds like a fun and busy weekend.
wow!! you guys got some good stuff! I am a horrible good garage sale finder...I can never find cute stuff!! Good job!! We went and saw UP for Kylee's birthday...I agree!! It IS super cute...the girls loved it and I hope it comes to our drive-in cause I kinda want to see it again! :)
WOW...you are the garage sale Diva! I've actually never been to a garage sale, maybe I'll try one some day. Great Post Chris.
We went garage saling and didn't do as good as you. Maybe next time! And now you've got me wanting to go to the drive in.
Post a Comment