Monday, September 21, 2009

I can't believe...

it's been 20 days since I've blogged!! What is wrong with me?? I love blogging!! It has been very busy with football games, football practices, dance, homework, birthdays, the fair, Spud Day, Tater-Tot-Trot, I've started helping my mom at her pre-school 3 times a week, PTO meetings, and just trying to keep a path cleared through the house, makin' sure everyone has clean underwear ~ 'specially them boys, food on the table, and clean dishes to eat it on!! Not sayin' I'm way busier than anyone else out there...just livin' life and it's all good!! Justin's been playin football and lovin' it! He usually doesn't get home till 6:30 or 7:00 at night, and is extremely hungry, unless he's gone to eat after with his friends! Every Wednesday he throws his football stuff on the garage floor for me to clean up and wash before his game on Thursday! As weird as it may sound...I love washin' my boys football stuff!! It's EXTREMELY stinky and VERY sweaty, but I love washin' it all and hangin' it up to dry ~ I just hold my breath and wear latex gloves so it don't burn my fingers...kidding {kinda}!! I love watchin' him leave for school in his jersey on game day!! He's getting so tall and looks so handsome!! He's #82 and plays tight end... He also has a girlfriend ~ which I'm not to thrilled about ~ not because she's not a cute, sweet girl...but that's a whole 'nother post for another time! He's doing good in school and still trying to get in a few rounds of golf when he can!! I CAN NOT believe in 34 days he will turn 16! He turns 16 three days AFTER the homecoming dance! He is so bummed about that whole thing ~ again that could be a whole 'nother post in itself...can we say drama! But he's a good kid and it makes me sad to see him grow up {kinda goes along with girlfriend thing}! He's been looking for a car ~ thinkin' he's getting one for his birthday!! I don't know...we'll see! Jace has been playin' football also! They are undefeated and he has one touchdown and some extra points! Jace is #10. He plays tight end and defensive tackle. He does great!! It's fun to watch their team play! He has practice four nights a week and comes home just as stinky and as sweaty as Justin! And just as hungry!!He's also doing good in school! He's taking Teen Living ~ which used to be called Home Ec. for us oldies ~ and really enjoys it! They bake cookies, learn all about cookin' stuff and as homework one night he had to pick, prepare, cook, serve, and clean-up a recipe of his choice! He chose Pork Chop Potato Casserole which is like heavenly potatoes with pork chops on top but it was really good!! I posted on my recipe blog! Try it out! Jace is growing up too! Getting taller everyday and so handsome! He's my helper around the house since Justin's gone alot and he's kinda havin' a hard time with Justin goin' and doin' things! He misses his brother being around, he sees all the stuff Justin gets to go and do and he still gets stuck at home! He's at that age where he's too little for some things , but too big for others....makes sense? Justin tries to include him when he can! He's a good kid! Next up was the fair!! We went on a Friday the kids were outta school! It was a beautiful and HOT day!! Justin went golfing, John was working, so it was Jace, me, Hannah, and Halle! Mandie and her kids came along too! It was fun walking around...just don't wear thongs to the fair {yes I said THONGS...they were THONGS when I was growin' up and they'll always be THONGS ~ right Collette?}...my feet were black when I got home!! We had hamburgers, teryaki rice, ice cream, and alot to drink cause it was so hot!! We only rode a few rides!! Jace and my favorite is the Scrambler!! If I was rich I would have one in my back yard!! We laugh and laugh!! The kids also did the weather at the news station booth! Jace wore a blue shirt so he blended in with the blue screen! It was kinda funny!! But by the time we got all that done Halle was tired and Hannah wanted another $4.50 for a pop cause she was going to die"right now in this very spot" if she didn't get a drink {which was right in the middle of the path and we just couldn't let that happen}!! So I carried Halle, got Hannah one last drink, and we headed home without even makin' it to the animals!!It's always the same 'ole fair but I'll always love it!! Well that's all for now!! Still much more to come...the girls, Tater-Tot-Trot ~ which we had some minor injuries at, Spud Day, and some of John's hunting adventures!! So thankful for...1) my dear friend who called me today to make sure everything was ok...she said I hadn't blogged for a while and she was makin' sure something wasn't wrong!! Love you Kara! 2) John ~ as always he's just amazing 3) Life ~ my life!! All of it...crappy carpet and furniture included!!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I was really close on calling and seeing what was up too! Glad to have ya back. Can't wait to see all your catch up posts.

You have been busy busy.

Adrienne said...

I've missed your posts. It happens to the best of us though! It was fun to catch up...

Jonna said...

I even asked Shannon if you fell off the face of the earth! I think you have been enjoying Facebook too much. Glad to see a superior post.

Colette said...

I knew that you hadn't fallen off the face of the earth, heck its harvest time for these farmers and we've got to harvest our crops too, just because they are on Farmville doesn't make them any less important :0) Okay I just couldn't resist the "thong" comment. They were thongs when I was younger too. Of course there are a few scary people at the fair that may only where a thong to the fair, KIDDING! You sound like you are extremely busy with your kids. 16 oh I can sympathize with you it is so hard watching them grow up!! The pork chop casserole looks yummy, gonna have to pick up the ingredients and make it. Have a great week!!

Janiel said...

Glad your back!

the yanceys said...

Love you!

the yanceys said...

Love you!