Friday, January 15, 2010

Think the car on the left...

could have parked any closer to John's car??

I actually got a call yesterday afternoon from the a Idaho State policeman saying that a white 1999 GMC Yukon registered to a John and Chris Russell had been hit {John parks out by the freeway entrance to catch the bus at five in the morning} and that they were trying to find the guy that hit the cars! WHAT??? I didn't really know what to expect and he didn't know the extent of the damage so I waited around till he could meet me out there and this is what we found! An older gentleman was getting off the freeway ramp earlier that morning and could not stop and slid into the first car and pushed it into John's car...

Isn't that crazy? It didn't really do any damage to the guys car who hit it and the guy was fine. He had left a note and went to where he was visiting ~ he was from Salt Lake. He's 78 and a really nice guy, or seems like it anyway. He called John last night and talked to him. He will take care of any damages and felt really bad. Funny thing is is that John's car wasn't too bad at all. It has a small dent in the rear passenger fender and a scratch on the door where the other cars mirror hit it but that's it! But take a look at the car he hit...and on the other side it broke the mirror off and all the molding along the whole side! It was like a piece of meat in a squished sandwich! CrAzY! Have to do my "so thankfuls" even on this one...1) no one was hurt 2) the guy left a note and it wasn't a hit and run 3) it could have been alot worse

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness!!!
At first, I really thought someone had parked that close!
It was great to get all caught up on your holiday posts. You guys always have such a FUN (I will say it for you now) time!

Adrienne said...

whoa! I couldn't figure out how someone parked that close either. Glad everyone was ok