Sunday, March 14, 2010

Coat of Arms...

teenage style! Justin is taking health this semester and had to draw a "Coat of Arms" with things that they like and things that cause them stress! I'm a firm believer that teenagers have tons of stress in their lives and always try to remember that when he gets ornery!! Here are the things in Justin's life that DOESN'T give him stress... They include...sleep, golf, video games, his state champ ring, and art!
The things that DO cause him stress... school work, bad golf scores, siblings, Call of Duty, girls, school, golf, job, money, and Tiger Woods...he used to be someone Justin liked in golf and I guess now causes him stress! And lastly he had to "gage" his stress level on his "Bully Dog" stress meter... looks to be about 120! He said he's not too stressed! I journaled this cause I hope to one day show him how stressful his life was! Like I said before I think teenagers have alot to deal with...school, friends, finding a job {which he finally did}, homework, church and scouting, dealing with their parents demands, putting up with their siblings, girls, and in this day and age making the right choices and choosing the right while having all kinds of Satan's fiery darts flung at ya from every angle! But I hope one day he'll read this after he gets done working a 12 hour day, comes home to fighting kids, a naggy wife, a pile of bills, and 54 other demands and laugh! And say..."oh, I remember when I did that!" So thankful for...1) Justin 2) Justin got a summer job ~ should take care of some of the stress about money 3) the great kid he his!! A mom and dad could not be more proud! {And as I write this I am listening to him and Jace fight while trying to clean their room, fight over whose stuff is whose, and call each other inappropriate names that I absolutely hate! I am going to go in there and sing, "There is beauty all around, when there's love at home! There is joy in every sound when there's love at home!!" And if that doesn't work I'm gonna slap 'em on the back of the heads and tell 'em their both grounded from golf for a week if they don't knock it off!! Which one do you think is gonna work??? }

No comments: